Tow pkg fort the pathy

I noticed the other day that the previous owner had a nice wiring job done on the pathy for a grade 1 tow assembly, he did not run the wiring outside though. I am reluctant to let it run out through the hatch and have the wires jammed in fear of pinching/breaking them. They are currently tucked in the drivers side tailight hatch in the back. Is there a good spot to run it out where it can be weather proofed???I would like something permanent and professional looking and water/weathertight.

Thanks

PV

post-6-1154482366.jpg

Do they salt the roads in the winter in your area? Because up here in cold, harsh and unforgiving (although beer loving) Canada, any hitch wiring connector left outside rusts to crap in less than two winters. I always recommend hiding the plug inside and then just running it under the hatch when you need it.

Virgin, my hitch as been wired as you described since I bought my 'finder 15 years ago and it still works as good as the day it was installed. You just have to keep the wires clear of the hatch latch. :aok:

on a lot of the vehicles i install hitches/wiring on i leave the wiring inside as i KNOW they will not be using it very often, some peeps request it, sometimes they don't but if i think they're gunna use it a lot then i run it outside......... without a cover to protect it, as above, it will be dead in 1 -2 winters... they do not age well. ;)

I have the harness that plugs inline behind the access panels at the rear lights. I leave it tucked in there until I need it then I just lay the flat wire out the door and slam away. That's what gaskets are for. Never even dented the insulation on the wires.

I had mine looped around the tire carrier when I was up at the lake. Forgot. Yanked open the tire carrier and pulled another 3 feet of wire through the gasket. I was sure I screwed the pooch but it was fine.