Trail Gear Rock Sliders on R50

After kissing a tree at Jim 1 and denting my door and rocker I started looking for some sliders for the R50. After Steve posted his Trail Gear sliders on His WD I decided I could make those fit.

So I started talking to him about them and finally decided to buy them from Rugged Rocks. When the UPS man finally arrived he didn't look to happy while grunting and groaning, I mean come on its only 70lbs. That should be one arm able. I started examining all the parts and they all had an oily residue to help stem off the rust which worked very well. All in all with the Gusset Kit, sliders and shipping to WA it was around $180 which beats the R50 specific sliders by a ton.

The next day, I decided to start mocking them up. I found certain areas to place the plate kit you can buy extra and finally decided on 3 spots.

P1000604.jpg

After the mounting spots were figured out, I to dent 6 spots for the Pinch seam since our "frame" sits almost flush with it.

Here you can see 1 of 6 dents I had to make :(

P1000581.jpg

Next I mocked up the sliders themselves with my hi-tech angle set device and I have them set up at 25* as this was the highest I could go with our rocker design without having to drop the bottom of the slider down.

P1000607.jpg

P1000606.jpg

Here they are all painted up.

P1000611.jpg

P1000610.jpg

About how far they stick out

P1000612.jpg

First test, final test will be at Jim 2.

Front tire up with no flex in the slider.

P1000616.jpg

So there is the run down on the Trail Gear sliders from Rugged Rocks. Thanks again Steve, you the man!

Edited by SilverPath

Yea I ordered up the guesset kit, and welded the plates to the unibody. The unibody is fairly strong as I was running around 19volts and never even blew through the side. The pinch seam has no bolts going through it, I have about a 1/2 gap between the rocker and slider. I jacked it up in the middle and at both ends and it did not even budge though, the real test will be when I slam down on it.

I have to say these sliders are the best investment I have made so far on the pathy. I can not afford a lift until I finish school in 1-2 years so I though if I at least up armor a tad I can play with the big boys so to speak. Evans was a true test of these bad boys. I was between Mr. Pickles and 5523 all day on Saturday and they can attest they saved my ride. All day they heard the sliders sliding over rocks while I pulled my self over.

P1000674.jpg

P1000672.jpg

P1000645.jpg

They did not even budge when slammed onto. I highly recommend them if you have the resources to make them work!

I will post pics of what damage the huge boulders may of done once I wash the rig, as they are packed with mud.

Edited by SilverPath

i was about 3 rigs ahead of silverpath, and took this damage in the same spot as those pics. i'm definetly looking into sliders, since we'r eboth running stock height on 31s, and can't afford a lift for a while.

34389_1601192757086_1454077186_1590093_2469134_n.jpg

i was about 3 rigs ahead of silverpath, and took this damage in the same spot as those pics. i'm definetly looking into sliders, since we'r eboth running stock height on 31s, and can't afford a lift for a while.

34389_1601192757086_1454077186_1590093_2469134_n.jpg

it didnt look that bad at the trails. :scratchhead: what did u do after? :shrug: