Headers / Oil filter issue

CRASCA

Hello,

I am new to these forums, and I am quite pleased to find them!

I have just had some work done to my 1995 4X4 Pathfinder, which included some transmission work, as well as some exhaust manifold work. After puttin up with the dreaded "tick" for almost 2 years, I finally decided it was time to end the frustration. My beloved Pathfinder had 3 broken manifold studs, so out came the engine and we finally got the broken bolts / studs drilled out.

Since I had gone to that trouble, I decided to put headers on it as opposed to the stock manifold. I didn't have a whole lot of time to do research, so I got what I could find here quickly, which were the black (painted) pacesetter headers. Now, after reading here, I think I would have been better served to go with some of the others, but it is already done.

However,

There seems to be an issue finding an oil filter that will work. There is not enough clearance for the standard oil filter because of the headers, so is there a different filter people use for this particular application?

Please let me know, and I apologize if this has been discussed before. I looked around, couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help, Craig

this should get you where you need to go

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...1&hl=filter

Mark

Hello,

I am new to these forums, and I am quite pleased to find them!

I have just had some work done to my 1995 4X4 Pathfinder, which included some transmission work, as well as some exhaust manifold work. After puttin up with the dreaded "tick" for almost 2 years, I finally decided it was time to end the frustration. My beloved Pathfinder had 3 broken manifold studs, so out came the engine and we finally got the broken bolts / studs drilled out.

Since I had gone to that trouble, I decided to put headers on it as opposed to the stock manifold. I didn't have a whole lot of time to do research, so I got what I could find here quickly, which were the black (painted) pacesetter headers. Now, after reading here, I think I would have been better served to go with some of the others, but it is already done.

However,

There seems to be an issue finding an oil filter that will work. There is not enough clearance for the standard oil filter because of the headers, so is there a different filter people use for this particular application?

Please let me know, and I apologize if this has been discussed before. I looked around, couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help, Craig

Edited by msavides

I would suggest getting an oil filter relocation kit from AC.

Single oil filter relocation http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...dfdea9517db603d

Dual oil filter relocation http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...dfdea9517db603d

Heh, just noticed that Marks link sends you to a thread with a link for a cheaper kit, from Summit. I would rather deal with Summit than AC.

Edited by ILoveMyPatty

• 9 months later...

i just had my pacesetter headers put on and i noticed that my oil filter is going to be very hard to change out for my next oil change... so after this tread i ordered the relocation kit from summit.

thanks for the info...

Exactly. In other words, you actually get to use 4 qts now when you change the oil, not 3.75 or what ever sillyness it was. Also, you can mount a Fram PH8A type compatable filter (I use the Bosch) that, judging by the size of the can, has at least 50%, if not 100%, more filter surface area. A win in both regards...

B