CB Radio

navygz19

Bought a little Radio Shack CB today (had the same one years ago in my HB and it got the job done :D ) and I'm going to put it in the slot towards the bottom of the console, and cut out the two plastic pseudo-buttons for where the heated seat buttons would otherwise be. What's a good hot wire to use back inside the console? Should I just go ahead and remove the entire thing? If so, where's the screws?

Sorry, never pulled this one apart before, appreciate the help! :aok:

-Gianni

If you want it constant-hot, you'll have to run a lead from the battery. There are two screws at the bottom of the cover panel, and two at the top behind the HVAC Vents which will have to be pulled out in order to access them.

If you're not looking for a constant-hot, the cig. lighter is a good spot to tap into.

I mounted my CB on the right side of the center console and about even with the @!*% lever. If the CB is a smaller style it does not interfere with the passenger at all and is only a few inches from the cig lighter. Makes it easy to get to also.

I spliced mine in a few inches before the lead goes into the back of the plug. Beware, you might get some interference from the ignition.

You mean like a "whining" noise, as speed increases, etc.?(sort of reminiscent of poor AM radio reception)

Why would splicing at the cig. lighter allow that to happen?

I'm looking for the two lower nuts to remove in order to get the plastic bezel off the dash. I've got a slightly different setup than yours Pezzy as well as yours, Veng. I think the first nut I have to remove is underneath the ashtray, and then go from there?

I'm putting mine exactly where yours is, Pezzy :aok:

Ahh yes, AllMode, I wish :D

You don't have to do anything with the ashtray!

http://www.fnd4pth.com/R50/FSM/2004/bt.pdf <-- Right Click, Save As

That's for a 2004, but it'll be the same for you.

There's a diagram on BT-26. There are two metal clips at the bottom edge where are circled above. There are two screws behind the HVAC Vents above that center panel with the clock in it. That assembly is only held in by a metal clip. Just pull, hard. You won't break it.

Ok HERE'S the center dash...

Dash.jpg

Here's the underside of the center dash. Note there are no screws underneath it.

noscrews.jpg

Here's where my ashtray is located.

Console.jpg

And with the ashtray removed, here is the center console screw underneath it.

ashtray.jpg

And ideas? :confused:

I was just thinking a cb would be a smart idea to have and bam you guys have a post on it, hehe, those pocket installs cutting out where the h.s. switches would be are really clean! :cool2: i like it alot and will be copying you ;)