Whaddaya think?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Whaddaya think?

• Yeah, Hemi Orange. Cool.
    • Definately not Hemi Orange.
    • Paint it blue again.
    • Go with something else.
    • Why paint it? It's a truck.

I'm going to try and get the Pathy painted within two or three months and I was kicking around some paint colors. I'm thinking Hemi Orange would look pretty good considering I've got the black bumpers and everything else. It means I'll also have to change the interior from blue to black and grey but eh, what the he!l. It'll be a sub-$300 paint job so maybe I'll be able to do everything for $600 or so.

BTW, anybody good at photoshop?

sideview2.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother? You don't seem to have any rust.....the paint doesn't look that bad, and you could spend the $300-$600 to make it more trailworthy.......ARB bumper? Locker?

gay! 
"Rainbow" wasn't listed as a color choice, but it does need some paint. ;) There's a few rust spots and the hood and roof are faded pretty bad. Maybe I'll just keep it blue and save the $ and hassle of redoing the interior stuff.

Interior is not cheap at all. I was quoted 1700 to reupholster the interior of mine to Xterra S/C mesh cloth. It is factory Nissan cloth which goes for $60 a square yard? And generic stuff is like $15. But most of that was labor anyways. I would do the body work myself and then prime it myself and than have Maaco do the rest. I'm sure there's an 'auto painting for dummies' book out there. It's pretty easy to catch on... and if you run primer it's not big deal just sand it down and it's ready for paint. Get a '97 Hardbody hood while you're painting it anyways. And I would suggest painting the plastic grill. Just my thoughts. Or at least that's what I'm doing when I do the body work, priming, and painting on my own in April or so.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that reupholstering the door panels is extremely easy and you could do that yourself.

Edited by wheelmanLS1

Dude... F the paint !! Get the front wheels pointed the same direction !!! Then test out the skid plate. Then have me make the rest of the set for you (You have to pay some for them, but that part of the truck isn't bent so the fit will be FAR better!!). Point is, there is plenty else to do other than spend $ on paint that will get scratched if you use the truck... If someone gives you crap about an old looking truck, back into them !! :aok:

Undercoating it, Rhinocoating it, whatever is the BEST suggestion I have heard... I saw Honda Hurricane like that and it was GREAT !!!

B

If you want really cheap I'd go just flat black, with a white racing stripe! :cool2: (Racing stripes add 5 hp you know!)

Or you could do what my friends did: they all chipped in a purchased a real beater car for another friends b-day. Then they took some pink spaypraint and wrote things like flower power and gay pride and an upside down triangle. :P

I like the camo idea as well, woodland or white and black zebra style. There's also a company that sells vinal camo wraps...

how'd you do that pezzy to the color?? if i gave you a pic of mine could you show me some colors? or tell me how i can do it?? (i have a few diff prgrams dunno if i can do that on them though)

back to the topic! camo......... if you make a mistake..no one will notice.. you can rhinoline the truck THEN paint the camo........ for aome reason a camo truck aorund here always gets more respect...

whatever you decide to do....please.....anything but hemi orange!!!!! :oops:

how about viper red.. or rootbeer brown...........or reddish burgundy.....