Cold air intake for 95 pathfinder?

zelix

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am going to do the cone filter idea in my 94, but since I really can't be bothered taking the stock filter off just to measure it, does anyone happen to know the tube's diameter for the adapter piece?

to get back to you, its not 3", its more like 3.5 or so....but with some creative maneuvering and a dremel drill bit, i enlarged all the holes so it would cover all of the rubber gasket around the tube,however sparingly..

That sounds like a great idea.. but wouldn't enclosing the filter defeat the purpose of a cold air intake basically? lol

i would only enclose it when u feel like off roading in deep mud and water but for everyday use i would take the enclosure off and feel the extra power!

That sounds like a great idea.. but wouldn't enclosing the filter defeat the purpose of a cold air intake basically? lol

because an open element is actually a Warm Air Intake. Most true CAI are enclosed. A port is used to direct cold air into the box which keeps it cooler than the outside of the box. Hence, cold air intake.

mustang_gt2.jpg

intake_jimc_bosch_car_lg.jpg

Is a cold air intake really a good idea when off-roading your pathy? seems like a easy way to flood out to me... i dont know about ya'lls trucks but mud and water easily finds its way into my engine bay :scratchhead:

For deep water crossings and sloppy wet mud, not a great idea. I've offroaded mine just fine with it, just had to clean the filter after the trip. I just took creek areas slow (to avoid a bow wave), but otherwise didn't hold back. In all reality, my intake with the cone sits higher than the stock air intake in the fender, so I can tackle deeper water than stock with it.

I wish theres a hoodscoop available for our pathys..a small one though that can be mounted just above where the cone filter sits.I wouldnt mind cutting up my hood as long as I get a scoop thatll look factory on there and can be mounted with bolts from underneath and not one of those fake scoops that just sticks on

I think ive seen a terrano before on here that has that

I wish theres a hoodscoop available for our pathys..a small one though that can be mounted just above where the cone filter sits.I wouldnt mind cutting up my hood as long as I get a scoop thatll look factory on there and can be mounted with bolts from underneath and not one of those fake scoops that just sticks on

I think ive seen a terrano before on here that has that

I haven't seen it on any WD21's personally. Seen most of them on R50's.

Does such a thing exist?

if so then what and where :D

thanks

Yeah, eBay offers intake tubes and filters from a unknown company and a company called Jim Wolf Technology offers air filters with necessary hardware to bolt right up to the mass air flow sensor. Now granted the intakes on eBay include an aluminum tube to replace the stock intake tube, however Jim Wolf Technology's intakes hold an Executive Order C.A.R.B. emissions compliant number in the state of California. But from what I've read the ones offered on eBay doesn't mention anything about being smog legal. But should you decide to purchase the intake on eBay I suggest you to message the seller and request to send you the Executive Order number that complies to C.A.R.B.

But if your interested in Jim Wolf Technology go to: www.jimwolftechnology.com or visit 4x4parts.com and look under performance parts. :clickdalink:

Get a JWT popcharger, you won't regret it. You river crossing people are nuts. I will stick to my desert.

Have fun in those flash floods WAVEY .

(I grew up about 30 miles from you R3DN1CK, you have more than desert.)

Have fun in those flash floods WAVEY .

(I grew up about 30 miles from you R3DN1CK, you have more than desert.)

Yep, lots of places to offroad. I just have been going out to ocotillo for over 16 years. It's my comfort zone.

your typical grey/silver and black checker weave carbonfiber is actually an overlay for a universal cosmetic appearance. This overlay can be use on fiberglass and kevlar(heaviest of the 3) composites as well to give the carbon look and sales pitch.

this is coming from a person who manufatures, and repairs all kinds of composite fibers for aircraft. and we don't use cosmeteic overlays so the finished appearance is always differant.

your typical grey/silver and black checker weave carbonfiber is actually an overlay for a universal cosmetic appearance. This overlay can be use on fiberglass and kevlar(heaviest of the 3) composites as well to give the carbon look and sales pitch.

this is coming from a person who manufatures, and repairs all kinds of composite fibers for aircraft. and we don't use cosmeteic overlays so the finished appearance is always differant.

I kinda figured it has an overlay for looks..cool design though