HomeLink Mirror

orca4wd

Have anyone covert their 90-95 Pathfinder rear view mirror to a newer Nissan mirror with Homelink and compress? If so, is there a direct straight bolt on from another Nissan model? I would like to add the HomeLink garage buttons and looking for an easy mod. Thank you in advance for your feedbacks....

Edited by orca4wd

Have anyone covert their 90-95 Pathfinder rear view mirror to a newer Nissan mirror with Homelink and compress? If so, is there a direct straight bolt on from another Nissan model? I would like to add the HomeLink garage buttons and looking for an easy mod. Thank you in advance for your feedbacks....

That is a very expensive mirror....

Never done it, cant think why you couldnt though with enough thought and time put into it.

Edited by Alkorahil
  • Like 1

my parents 06 pathfinder they just bought has auto dimming and homelink look for one of those.

theres one on ebay for 100 bucks!

Edited by edicer2

Do you have any pics of that? It sounds like something I might do with my 94.

Here's where I started:

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...ompass&st=0

I Found mine unit on e-bay for 20 bucks; you need to splice a wire with your speed sensor to make the compass update and you need a thermosensor from an r50. If your mech speedo does not have a sensor on the NEEDLE I have a spare 1.

You'll need the lower mirror to see arround the unit R50, 80's Stanza, maybe a late 80's accord Just go to the JY I was surprised to find how many cars ran the same bolt pattern for the mirror. (may even have a spare)

It shows;

Direction- programable declination for your location

Temp - C or F and displace the word "ICE" @ about 32F

Holds (small) sunglasses

2 Map lights

Sunroof controlls (or switch blanks)

I Don't have any pix of my own yet. I'm about to go into my work schedule and may be too bussy or 4get. If you want me to take pix PM me on tuesday.

• 5 years later...
Sorry for resurrecting this old post. I've learned so much from this site, it's time to contribute...
I got tired of having to carry a clicker and decided to buy a used Homelink mirror with compass from eBay ($48). The mirror came off of a 2004 Infiniti M45 and except for the compass, is very similar to the mirror on my 2006 Infiniti G35. I made sure the wire harness and locking screw came with the mirror. I plugged the mirror to our G35 to see if it would work and it did. I then used my multimeter to determine the wiring. I attached an image outlining the harness (as viewed from the front of the connector). One wire I had to add is the switched 12V when the ignition is in the ON position; the other wires are available from the dome light. I got the switched 12V from the stereo wiring and routed it under the dash and instrument cluster and up to the windshield frame to the dome lights. There are 5 wires on the harness - I didn't use two of them because I do not know what they are and have no means of figuring out what they are - my G35 (no compass) only had 3 wires. They may have been connected to sensors from the ECU as explained in a previous post.
I looked for the appropriate metal bracket and found one from Napa Auto- part number BK 7302023. These are only $6 directly from their store - some people ask more for them (between $15-20). It's a kit with the cleaner and glue and is very intuitive to use. Just make sure you are sticking it at the correct location on the windshield because the bracket will be stuck permanently - I drew alignment marks on the glass while adjusting the mirror to its working position before gluing the bracket to the windshield.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bmmLxtE0tYNjQxeHloN1czUWc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bmmLxtE0tYbnVma2FQZ1JNcnM/view?usp=sharing

Having an auto-dimming mirror is nice, but I went for a 2-piece option for a couple reasons. Expense, like Damuho noted, and covering the hole in the headliner.

I opted for a Compass/Temp/Dimming mirror (from a Saturn Vue in the JY for $10 w/ 10 foot of harness) and separate HomeLink (from a Range Rover off of ebay for $25) to cover the hole in the headliner (pic below).

I've had issues with the mirror wedge staying attached to the glass. I tried 2 different adhesives supposedly dedicated for that, and they were off by the next morning. Regular epoxy failed after 3 months. Finally tried Gorilla Glue Epoxy, and it's held for about a year now. If it comes off again, I'm taking it to a glass shop and letting the professionals install the wedge!

NP-Mirror.png

First gen xterra kit would work. Just need to place the button on the glass and install the mirror with some minor wiring. I think I have a kit laying around with a distorted mirro. I'm just not sure on the homelink part.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder