Anyone up for some light wheeling in the next couple of weekends?

unccpathfinder

LOL When I said my stock truck would be embarrassing, it is mostly tongue in cheek. I've never had a 'built' truck so I know what a stock or lightly modified truck can do.

It's more that I wish that I had the mods installed so I could wheel my DD a little harder. Watching others just isn't the same... ;)

I'm not sure if I can make it, but if I do, it's leaning towards a day trip right now.

B

It would probably be a day trip for me as well. Heck Wheeling is wheeling. Now I gotta test out my rock rails. Starting to feel the itch.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mini rubicon? That should scratch that itch...... and more! LOL!

That will do a hella lot more that scratch the itch. I like my truck too much to do that. :ohno01:

So when were we planning this trip anyways. Seems like allota talk with no date set yet.

Mark

Edited by msavides

Jan 31 looks good to me b/c that will give me this weekend to get the TBs cranked on the ole truck since they're sagging

that is the day before the superbowl. I am not sure how many football fans we have however that may be an issue that keep some people from going.

how about we get some input from people who would potentially be going.

Mark

Count me (and the GF riding copilot) in. I don't much care about the Stupor Bowl anyways. :lol: We'll only be staying for the day though, no camping.

Anyone want to help install the CV joints UNCC is (hopefully) bringing for me? We can either swap them in before we hit the trails, or wait until one breaks :crossedwires: Maybe they won't break at all...

Anyways at the very least we'll act as photo/videographers.

i'll have my box and all the tools required to complete that job if you want to do it before hand...or on the trail either way...should be able to do it within an hour, if everything goes right 30 mins...the only thing you might want to bring is some rags and grease and maybe some gojo (if i forget to throw mine in the truck)

I'm thinking now that I might roll up Friday after the dentist (if i can get there before the gates close) and then just meet up with everyone in the morning and hten drive back that night

It looks like my drive will be right at 5 hrs so if I don't come up friday I'll have to get up at the ass crack of dawn to get there before noon

Edited by unccpathfinder

I don't know how the cell service is up there or if there is a good place to meet and its kinda early I guess to set all that up but for folks that have been up there if you could give some insight that'd be cool.

I'm more than likely staying either Fri or Sat night which depends on my dental appointment. If they have me out of there by noon i'll head straight up there and if not I guess i'll shooting to leave by about 5AM to get up there by about 10 or 11AM

i'm in. i just need to figure out why i got a damn check engine light on after changing my plugs/wires/cap/rotor.

I'll be there with an SES light on unless it decides to go off again before I get there but mine is EGR function but it doesnt seem to be affecting fuel mileage too bad

My check engine light is on too! :lol: It's just the EGR though so I ain't worried about it. My EGR tends to get gummed up with carbon deposits, it usually cleans itself out after a couple of weeks.

Anyways UNCC cell service is spotty around Hollister, depending on your service company. Generally though the main rest area (by the 4x4 obstacle course) has several bars of service for me (Verizon). There is a cell tower on the property near the top of Hector Heights, so you can get full service up there usually.

Bring along an FRS radio if you've got one. We usually use channel 8. I might pick up a hand held battery power CB radio at the flea market this weekend too.

I'll see if I can't borrow my housemates FRS...I was thinking about hooking my cb up but last time it wasnt working so hot so we'll see

Hmm I have verizon and since I got my new phone (i had a razor before and got service no where) with my new BB I have had no trouble getting service...even in the middle of nowhere on my journey out here but then again that was on I-40 and they typically try to keep service available on the highways

I guess we'll see as time gets closer...If I have service i'll be able to post here :D

I like how pretty much everyone is like.. I'll go IF............ hah

Well I'm down if nothing gets in the way :P I'll bring my FRS radios and my CB (still haven't really used it before). My suspension is making a clunking noise on the right side and I don't know what it is.. hopefully nothing brakes this weekend if I go offroading in vacaville.

Take the camry! Someone has brought their 4wd corolla. NO LIE! This guy came in sliding the mud pit and spinning dounuts around the big heepers and yotas like no ones business. Youre truely bad ass 4wheeling with a car. lol

well the TTORA guys are meeting at the In N Out in the Gilroy outlets at 830. i'll probably meet there unless everyone here wants to meet somewhere else or at a different time or w/e.

i have a CB. i'll be on ch31. i'll bring the FRS for S&Gs too.

I am definitely going. I will bring my cb and FRS. I will bring a coulple extra frs in case some people don't have them.

I will meet ya guys at the park by the obstacle course. lets just pick a time to meet there.

Mark

I am considering going this Saturday as well. My boss wants to go, we will see if more people around work want to go as well. If it is just me and him I probably won't go. Although there should be lots of sloppy mud to slide around in this weekend