Howdy All, Newbie here from CT.

Guest TheJunkMan2005

Guest TheJunkMan2005

Well, today I picked up a free 1988 2dr Pathfinder. V6, 5spd, etc.. All stock right now. My plans for this is about 95% off roading, and 4% yard work, and 1% on road. Gonna register it just to get it to the trails, but that's it. Probably gonna try and lincoln lock the rear axle just to help out a bit. Gonna grab a sawzall and try to get 33s to fit. Fab my own front and rear bumpers to hook my little winch onto. And that'll be about it for now.

I have 8 children, so, all my updates have to be done for free, or next to free.

For work, I do junk car removal, which is how I found this little pathfinder. Hauled it away for somebody about 3 miles from my house. It sat for about 5yrs in the woods. It's rusty, but it runs. Tires are new, and not dry rotted, 4wd hi and lo work good. While it was still on my trailer we jump started it, and it started on the 3rd time around. Can't top that for a free junk.

I'm a Jeep CJ person myself, but, since this runs right now, I'm gonna set it up for 4 wheeling this year.

Len

Hey Len - Welcome to NPORA WAVEY

I used to live in CT, Fairfield Area. Now Im in NJ. Glad you got a pathy, even better that it was free.

There are a couple of members on here from CT too, the only one coming to mind is Jeff (TheInstaller).

Have fun and enjoy!

I'm a Jeep CJ person myself, but, since this runs right now, I'm gonna set it up for 4 wheeling this year. 

meh... we wont hold it against you ;)

Although a pathy is prob better for you than a Just Empty Every Pocket... Welcome to NPORA!

welcome junkman. heck of a deal on the pathy.. :clap:

Used to live in CT, in Simsbury just north of Hartford.

no kidding? i've been there numerous times.. X's family is from there.. very nice town if you can handle the drunk russians. ;)

Welcome from a fellow CT Yankee!! Where abouts are you? I am down in southern Fairfield County. We should get together sometime and see about fitting those 33's on. I have an '89 that should be able to clear 33's and all it took was a cutting wheel, and rear springs.

Welcome from a fellow CT Yankee!! Where abouts are you? I am down in southern Fairfield County. We should get together sometime and see about fitting those 33's on. I have an '89 that should be able to clear 33's and all it took was a cutting wheel, and rear springs.

I was waiting for Installer to chime in :D

no kidding? i've been there numerous times.. X's family is from there.. very nice town if you can handle the drunk russians. 

It's a small world isn't it? Looks as if we have at least one thing in common, contrary to our political beliefs, ehh? :cool2:

I grew up there w/ my folks and moved out in 2000 when I enlisted.

Sure do miss it! Lot's of good wheeling spots in and around the surrounding towns...LOT'S of mud when it rained :D