ENGINEERS

unccpathfinder

im kinda pissed but not really b/c i was so busy with school and work ididnt get to study like i should have and im an idiot on top of all of that but i avged about a 58 on all of the categories including a 0 on biology and a 22 on my thermo/heat transfer but everything else was 50 or better...

how many passed the FE the 1st go round and how many made good grades in school...i made a 1040 on my sat (took it once never took it again cuze of $) but i was just curious as to how many passed it 1st go round and how many didnt and if u didnt how many took it again and passed b/c the stats look horrible...

i feel i could pass it now knowing what to expect with a good study habbit?

opinions on this? i feel we gave our school a bad name but thats not really the case im just slow and was too busy for the proper preperation...

grr just frustrated.... -alcohol- -alcohol- -alcohol-

I found the EIT to be pretty easy. I work with some people who have taken their PE twice with no luck.

The only way you can possibly pass it is to study your ass off for like a month straight leading up to it, and focus almost ALL of your time and attention towards it, otherwise you can't possibly get everything you need. Unless you're like nycxice and you're a sooooper geeneeouusss. :rolleyes:

EIT=FE=fundementals of engineering

ha so this is crap...1 of my friends passed it and he just guessed on the afternoon section and left after like an hr...

he is also the friend that we made the exact same grades in an electrical class and but his grade was .1 higer than mine and he got a C and i gotta D meaning i had to retake the course and i went to see the prof (who was a grad student) and he goes well it looks like u were luck enough to be the 1st to miss the curve better luck next semester...but i guess its better for him than me b/c he just got a job in a small firm where u have to have ure EIT and get PE

it'll be alright im thinking about taking it next time with a lot of studying...b/c i felt that it was a lot easier than what i had stressed it up to be...but i do want to pass it and get my PE

Test are just that....

Take them, learn from them... re-take if needed....

Just remember in the real world you will have all of your referance materials to double check something that you are not positive on....

I have been a mortgage banker for 13 years and I am always looking stuff up....

we just had our law firm picnic and we were talking about all the exams we've taken in our lives. i totally forgot about the EIT. i took it and passed the first time. my undergrad grades were pretty good. undergrad gpa was about 3.5. the only exam I took twice in my life was the LSAT. not sure why, but I just didn't do what I expected of myself on that one. second try was only about 1 or 2 points higher.

i'm sure you'll do better the next go around

hey PathA4 saw that u're in the triangle...where abouts? i've got a lot of family in durham and raleigh

we're in cary. i assume uncc is nc-charlotte? my wife's parents and older sister are in charlotte. all of us are fairly new to the state. < 3 years

I assume that CE is civil engineering. If that is the case, you will know about the EIT and PE soon enough - after graduation. They are professional technical certification/proficiency exams.

As UNC has said, you might want to look into the EIT during your senior year. It will probably help you land a job after graduation, especially if you want to work for an engineering consulting firm. The exams are expensive though. I know my company will pay for your to take the exams. I hope to sit for my AICP, which is a professional planner certification, in the fall.

Engineering classes -study- + full faternity committment -alcohol- = cheating :secret: + change of major! At least that was me. I was not willing to sacrifice my Tuesday and Wednesday drinking night to do school work. It worked out ok, but I would definitely be making more $ if I had stuck with it. I was in environmental engineering (aka science of squeezing the p!$$ out of $h!t).

we're in cary. i assume uncc is nc-charlotte? my wife's parents and older sister are in charlotte. all of us are fairly new to the state. < 3 years

yea charlotte it is the big ole QC (queen city) but i grew up in fayetteville...

you might want to look into the EIT during your senior year

highly recomend not the last semester theres too much crap going on go for 1st semester sr yr.

If your school does co-op, I suggest doing it then. That's what I did. I'm on my last co-op and will be going into my last year upon my completion of this in November. This route allowed me to spend the most possible time studying for the EIT and not have it interfere with school work or other "school-related" activities...;)

just registered for all my CE classes for the fall. i'm taking 16 semester credits, so not sure how thats gonna bode with my fraternity life. lol

If you manage to pull off both, you will be the first I've heard of... I knew of quite a few guys trying it in my freshman and sophmore years, but not a single one by the senior year. I also knew a lot more business majors and dropouts in my senior year than in my sophomore year...

Based on my experience, I can say I do not see the the traditional "frat life" being compatible with a full time engineering curriculum. There are still only 168 hours in a week. If you want to get what you can out of your tuition dollars and the engineering curriculum, you should plan to put AT LEAST 100 hours towards classes and focused studying. By the time you also factor in eating, personal upkeep, commuting, family, and "rational" socializing, you will be sleep deprived enough to affect your performance as it is.

Based on my experience, I can say I do not see the the traditional "frat life" being compatible with a full time engineering curriculum

i know 1 guy that has done it...but he's also in his 6th year...so weigh the options

i had three or four frat brothers make it through industrial, mechanical, and chemical engineering. but they were very intelligent and definitely not 'fully committed' to the fraternity lifestyle like myself! :D

most of my buddies were business majors...