UPDATE: FIXED!**NEW VIDEO** Starting problem

ninoj

I left it there for over a week and all they did was hook it up to a cpu and get readings that were normal. After all that he said the problem looks to be mechanical.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be maybe that the timing was off and now either it is totally off or the t-belt itself has come off? Hopefully somebody will chime in because I am certanly no mechanic but if the dealer did not get any error codes then it seems like youare getting fuel and maybe spark. ahhh I dont know just throwing something out there. Although now I wanna know what the hell is going on so please keep us updated. :type:

Damn...

That dealership sounds totally useless. At this point, I'd be tempted to drive up there and take a look at it myself and try to figure out what's going on with it...well, if I were still in Rochester. I hope you get it figured out soon!

FYI - I'll be back in Rochester around Thanksgiving, so if you're still having problems and haven't given up on it and blown it to smitherines with a .50Cal Bertha, lemme know and I'll drive up one weekend and take a looksie.

Damn...

That dealership sounds totally useless. At this point, I'd be tempted to drive up there and take a look at it myself and try to figure out what's going on with it...well, if I were still in Rochester. I hope you get it figured out soon!

FYI - I'll be back in Rochester around Thanksgiving, so if you're still having problems and haven't given up on it and blown it to smitherines with a .50Cal Bertha, lemme know and I'll drive up one weekend and take a looksie.

YOU ARE AWESOME!

So here is an update. I cut the fuel intake line in half and opened it up when it was hard to start. Got a new fuel pump relay, just in case the old one was defective and turned the key. Fuel was gushing out. So fuel delivery is bang on. I am going to replace the crank sensor and go from there.

YOU ARE AWESOME!

So here is an update. I cut the fuel intake line in half and opened it up when it was hard to start. Got a new fuel pump relay, just in case the old one was defective and turned the key. Fuel was gushing out. So fuel delivery is bang on. I am going to replace the crank sensor and go from there.

Maybe if we get it going, we could meet up with some of the other Ontario people and wheel a bit....eh.

I would have thought that when the dealer hooked it up to the cpu that if the crank sensor was bad it would throw a error code that they would have seen. Oh well good luck with it. :shrug:

That's what I would have thought as well. I think I just might replace to cross it off my list.

Could it be maybe that the timing was off and now either it is totally off or the t-belt itself has come off? Hopefully somebody will chime in because I am certanly no mechanic but if the dealer did not get any error codes then it seems like youare getting fuel and maybe spark. ahhh I dont know just throwing something out there. Although now I wanna know what the hell is going on so please keep us updated. :type:

I don't think the timing belt is off, because it does start some days without a problem. I will change the timing belt and water pump just to knock it off my list as well.

Update: I towed this to another dealer as it wouldn't start again. They said there was spark and fuel. Could it be the computer has gone bad itself? I was thinking to check all the ground connections.

Guest mishkadee

won't start at all, hmmm

mine did that too a while back,

took to dealer,they readjusted

the wiring harness on the fuel pump,

started good for awhile after that

but it is doing that cranking thing again.

:confused:

So I was at the dealer and it wouldn't start... What a surprise, they couldn't figure it out. Now I am up to whoring it around to every mechanic in town.

What dealers have you taken it to?

What dealers have you taken it to?

Two Nissan Dealers, one in Brampton, ON and now I just took it to one in Missisauga, ON. They are Canada's busiest Nissan Dealer. They called and left a message for me today, I am going to update tomorrow on what they said.

won't start at all, hmmm

mine did that too a while back,

took to dealer,they readjusted

the wiring harness on the fuel pump,

started good for awhile after that

but it is doing that cranking thing again.

:confused:

I will post updates, I hope you can do the same, maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.

UPDATE: The dealer called and said it might be a bad EGI Relay. Is this even possible? He said they were touching the relay and the truck started to stumble.

Hey atleast this dealer is coming up with something. If it is the EGI (I have no idea what that is) then I would call up the other dealer and tell them they are a bunch of *bleep*'in idiots. The dealer is supposed to be able to fix your problem no matter what since they specialize in nissan!!! I mean they charge so much that no matter what the problem or how hard it is to fix it they should be able to say we can do it? Atleast that is how I feel about it. Once again sorry about the rant

Most applications use a 6-pin Jideco brand relay with a brown plastic housing. Jiden and Miyamoto brand relays may be found on some vehicles instead, but any of the three brands are interchangeable. They run anywhere from 17 to 30 bucks.

the EGI relay is also known as a Fuel Injection Relay

I believe that was the one that went on me, and seemed to have the same issues ninoj had described in his first posts...

I'm suprised that Brampton North Nissan wasnt more help... They are an amazing dealership -- I bought my truck there, and used to drive 85kms to get there for my pathy's service... (I live closer now) a lot of the members on the Nissan Truck Club use them, and will praise them up & down. Do you need me to call them and set them straight for you?! ;)

Hey atleast this dealer is coming up with something. If it is the EGI (I have no idea what that is) then I would call up the other dealer and tell them they are a bunch of *bleep*'in idiots. The dealer is supposed to be able to fix your problem no matter what since they specialize in nissan!!! I mean they charge so much that no matter what the problem or how hard it is to fix it they should be able to say we can do it? Atleast that is how I feel about it. Once again sorry about the rant

I totally agree. I felt like burning that place down. I wasted weeks of my life just trying to get any kind of help from them. After awhile they were totally rude because of me asking... "what was going on?". Their excuse was we could not see a problem, the car works fine. When I went to pick it up, low and behold it wouldn't start and all the said is we don't know.