Rear Hatch problem

rennwerkes

It sounds like you are sayin there is slop in the hole where the stub screws in. Run a tap through it to try to clean it up and see if it'll tighten then. If that doesn't work, you can run a heli-coil in there to get it back to original size.

Run a tap through it to try to clean it up

Chase it with a form tap, not a cutting tap.

Yah, if you can find a 6mm helicoil, heh.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXN...&PMT4NO=8519431

*yawn*

The whole kit is here...

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1648924&PMT4NO=0

Then there is epoxy... ;)

the portion that you screw the stud into that's moving around.

Still not exactly sure what you mean, I'll look tomorrow.

B

B, I knew you were working on a link to a 6mm when I came into this topic... so I figure why bother :lol:

I would guess that he is talking about the threaded hole on the body or the hatch itself, were the ball stud is screwed into...

rennwerkes... is it cross-threaded or rusted out?

RedPath88,

You're right, it's actually the whole threaded assembly that seems to be moving around. Not quite sure why but it's not cross threaded or anything, just seems to move around.

Might have to use something really high tech like a broom handle to keep my hatch open! :laugh:

B, I knew you were working on a link to a 6mm when I came into this topic...

Of course !!! :P

Ok renn, it the loose part in the body or the hatch ? If it's the body, you can get at the backside by removing the interior panneling. If it's the hatch like I think (mine has slight rust there), maybe you can get to the back side by removing the glass strut bracket and or the glass seal there ?? I'm not sure, but I doubt they fabbed it with the threads internal and inaccessable. If thats the case, then you need to drill out that hole and put in a pop rivet thread insert or jacknut to thread into. Jacknut being the easier. *waits for answers*

B