UCA question...

sammyb33

ok i just got the Rough Country UCA's, and wondered if they could be swapped, driver for passenger, to get more clearance on the bumpstop. just wondering if someone has attempted this....i would like just a little more room to balance out the front of my rig.....

thanks guys

Filthy's right. Removing (or swapping for the same effect) the stops would result in the loss of the CVs. They designed them that way to save the CV's ;)

If leveling is all you want and you are about maxed out on the T-Bars (with stops intact) you might consider trimming the coils in the rear to lower the back down some.

Edited by RedPath88

yea i did assume they were there for a reason.

all i really need is another quarter to a half of an inch to level it, so i was just really wondering if that would/could hurt them that much. (as i am not a master on the art of CV's, i just thought it better to ask the guru's.... :) )

but if you think they will bind, i suppose i will not do it.

Thanks again

-Sam

If leveling is all you want and you are about maxed out on the T-Bars (with stops intact) you might consider trimming the coils in the rear to lower the back down some.

about maxed out? no i am maxed out

FYI, Nissans were designed to have a slight positive rake (or slightly nose down). The handling characteristics of them suffer when they are level or have a negative rake (nose up). If it's only 1/2" from level, I'd leave it be. It's going to be way too much work to be worth another 1/2"

I can attest to that. I have my Tbars maxed out and keeping it straight on bumpy roads is brutal.

The Calmini steering kit is supposed to help with a lot of that though.