Forgive me father for I have sinned...

wheelmanLS1

I'm glad you are ok Bud. Metal is metal and compared to life or limb, it goes no farther than that. At least you can now get the vehicle you want...

I have to ask though

And I, the police, and insurance decided it wasn't because of my tinted taillights that he couldn't stop

Why the hell would you tint your tail lights ??? :blink::shrug:

B

Glad to hear you're OK. Good thing you were in the Pathy, bad thing it had to be the Pathy. Whichever way you look at it. Imagine if you were in the tercel when that F150 hitcha!

For a reliable/eco car without the hassel of an engine replacement like the 2.5 SERs, I got a '05 Sentra 1.8S for my fiance'... 11 gals from Las Vegas - San Diego. Don't be expecting performance out of that QG. The QRs aren't reliable.

Why the hell would you tint your tail lights ??? :blink::shrug:

I know this is an extemely dire personality flaw, but it's all about the image and looking cool. I'm a gaddam teenager, why else would I do it except for the shallow status benefits?

I thought my 98 3.0 CL looked pretty sweat. It was a silver metalic paint that looked almost purple in some light (Primrose Metalic). Very unique color. The V6 was pretty strong in stock form (200hp)and sounded nice too. Very reliable. Didnt have a single problem with it in about two years of ownership. Heated power leather, sunroof, Bose all standard. Big trunk if you want to put a system in it. I tinted the windows, but the rest was stock. Take a look:

post-1-1148041893.jpg

Cool. That's the year I was looking at. Now if I remember correctly, Mrs. Pickles doesn't drive a stick does she? While 5-speed Cl's aren't common that's what I had in mind. I'd much rather have a manual Civic than an automatic CL.

Yeah, auto and 2.2 VTEC. I personally would rather have the manual, but not her, so be it. It still gets along fine if you put your foot into it, and it'll pull in the 30's mpg on the highway. The V6 would be fun, although I'm not positive if you can get a manual, and I've heard of a lot of issues with the auto with the V6 (but not with the 4cyl). Anyways, all in all, its an Accord with fancier trim, and a good little car.

Yeah the 3.0 is powertrain-wise exactly like my dad's '00 Accord. He checked off every option when he got it but I think he'll still be jealous if I got an Acura badge. At least for a little while until he goes and gets his new car. He was thinking about bumping up to an Acura TL but decided he can get an Accord with every option for cheaper. It will be his sixth Accord in 25 years.

I know this is an extemely dire personality flaw, but it's all about the image and looking cool. I'm a gaddam teenager, why else would I do it except for the shallow status benefits?

LOL, 10 points for honesty... :D I'd advise to avoid apearance factors though, it doesn't mean crap. :shrug:

Best of luck with what you wind up getting, I hope it works out well.

B

insurance dropped it off the other day...saw it today looks like it was a damn nice lick...had to move it to calm the parking situation at the house with the roomates and there is def no movement without the bumper/fender rubbing

Does John want to buy it from you?

my roommate was interested in buying it but i'd rather help ryan part it out than help him fix the body work...plus it'd be nice to havea whole parts vehicle but i have too many other projects so i figured he helped me make some $ i'll help him make some and finish up my 87 build

now i think the maxima motor is being yanked (that was a waste of $500 but i'll crank it and get video of it running so i can try to sell it) and we're gonna try for a EFI swap with his motor b/c i like the power pickup it has over the TBI

$500. Jeez John... talking like my 12 year old brother. I've dumped 3000 into my little piece of @!*% delivery car in the last 2 1/2 months. Then sold the #$!&^% for 215. :D

Okay. Parts thread coming momentarily.

Part-out thread:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9145

Edited by wheelmanLS1