Before:

IMG_4172.jpg

Busted the broken one outta there:

IMG_4446.jpg

Another:

IMG_4447.jpg

Installed:

IMG_4448.jpg

So who wouldve thought that those lower control arms are not only aluminum, but hollow and thin? pretty lame if you ask me. Picked up a older set of the dogbone style arms from 87path and imediattly could feel the difference. Cast Steel > Tubular Aluminum. However, i still didnt feel like they were beefy enough for me, so i garbbed some 2"x2"x.25" angle steel for sliders and mig welded them on and painted them bright ass red to match every other part on my rig. no more bent arms for me. hell, look at those comparison pictures again!

anyways, my opnion is that they suck, and dogbone is the way to go.

I agree, wish I had time to swap my 93's out before next weekend, you were the second person I have seen in the last month fold one and my passenger rear is already "arched" a little bit :angry: .

In your First Picture... that reminds me of this Company i was looking into that makes parts for Heeps. Called 9th degree. They have a Long arm kit that has a bend in the Lower arm like your broken one, but on purpose to give more Clearance. Mind you its Beefy, and they have all kinds of support and what not but That was something I was thinking I'd like to give a whirl if I ever ran into a Ton of money with no place to spend it on. Take a look at thier web site. See if you think it could be applied without too much trouble if your the kind of guy who's going to increase your Arms anyway.

Dowser

Edited by Dowser