Making A Custom Skid Plate that

TrailChaser

LOL, was it you I was thinking of ?? :D Bolts ? Did the zip ties finally give ?? :P

Yeah, the stuff seems to work VERY well without the weight/rust issues. The more I work with it, but better I like it. Looking forward to doing the underbody armor once I get a solid axle up front... ;)

B

Mine was bolted from the begining, only thing I zip-tie is wires. Most things get self tapping bolts or screws.

I'm gonna get a red cutting board for my 93's Tranny protection :laugh:

88, how does the alum. hold up with rocks? do you think you could get away with say 1/4"? I want to do some skids in the future, but dont want the added weight. so alum seems to be a good way to go. but the price... I get it at cost, but still!!! and I never really do any rock crawling. 95% of my 4wheeling is in mud. just trying to get my truck to slide better :D

I highly recommend bolt on spacers/stand off blocks. Again, let me know if you want my input...

B

Want you input? Heck, some of us are still waiting for your experience and skill to be applied and whip up a set for us!

:P

Yeah, I know you're way too busy these days... I can so relate!

;)

• 2 years later...

Well 88..... I've been waiting almost 3 long years for an Answer to 89 trailboss's Question...... I guess its time to Bump this to see it gets finished. :new576:

Oh and B... Still working with that stuff? I'd personally like to hear about how you mold it a bit better. maybe send me a PM in the next 3 years or so if you have time... No rush.

Edited by Dowser

Oh and B... Still working with that stuff? I'd personally like to hear about how you mold it a bit better. maybe send me a PM in the next 3 years or so if you have time... No rush.

Yeah, I'm going to make a set for my 'new' 95 once I do the BL and SL in a few months. I still have some material in my garage...

As for how I did it, I'm pretty sure there is a thread that SEARCH would locate that goes into detail. ;)

Tell you what. If you buy a pathy within the next 3 years and are still interested, PM me and I'll tell you what I know... :D

B

As for how I did it, I'm pretty sure there is a thread that SEARCH would locate that goes into detail.

Sheesh! Search he says.... I found THIS one. I wasn't as Lucky Finding yours yet. Although I suppose I never checked with the words, Smarta$$ or Sarcasm yet so maybe I'll do that now. :fish: