Ultimate project Begins!

Pathfinder-jay

EDIT: MZ beats me to it again ;)

yeah but you have a nice pic and have actualy done it. i've been thinking of going to j/y and yanking a FB from another truck. one of those that are under the hood. i don't have much electrical stuff on mine yet but the lights and the cb would probably benefit from being isolated from the stock wireing.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for my roof lights, technicaly speaking my stalk fuses box should have room to place a couple more connections.. cause I remember looking in there and not all the fuses where there. I also Have a complete spare fuse holder like everyone has on the left of steering wheel... maybe I can use that just for accesories and find somehere creative to hide it :bow:

I dunno If I'd add to many accesories to the stock fuse box. Accesories can draw a lot of amperage so it might be better to give them their own seperate power supply.

Not sure what you mean about the spare fuse box :shrug:

That lift kit will do the job, but it doesn't have anything in it that you probably couldn't find cheaper seperately. :shrug:

Well you might be able too, since you really don't need new t-bars (you can re-index the current ones).

All you really need to do a SL on these beasts is new UCA's and rear coils.

Hey just some quick questions. As some of you know im looking to change my suspension but id like to know pricesly everything I need to purchase to do so. Not sure if a 2 inch lift would look stupid with my stalk rims.... Id like to improve my suspension... not sure what is best and yes I did research and read the forums I just want to be certain about it, I know i can make my own decisions but on this id really like some advice for its an important and expensive part.

Thanks

Jay

Hey just some quick questions. As some of you know im looking to change my suspension but id like to know pricesly everything I need to purchase to do so. Not sure if a 2 inch lift would look stupid with my stalk rims.... Id like to improve my suspension... not sure what is best and yes I did research and read the forums I just want to be certain about it, I know i can make my own decisions but on this id really like some advice for its an important and expensive part.

Thanks

Jay

imma get the trail master suspension lift when i win the lootery..or get another job ..whichever comes first. i am not much for body lifts over 2"... but that's just me.. keep my heifer CoG low as i can ;)

oh and dude... skip the t-bars. save some coin and get the UCAs from roughcountry.com and buy the rear coils from AC. you can find some shocks at 4wheelparts.com + a steering stabilzer for like 140 bucks. Also while you got he body ripped apart and the floor available, nows a good time to install the bodylift (if your going with one).

SO let me get this straight...

I need the

- UCA from roughcountry.com

-Rear coils from AC... whats the site by the way?

-Shocks and steering stabalizer from 4wheelparts.com

-And for the body lif im curious to know what would look best with stock rims... not planning on changing for a bit so is 2 inch to big... making it look a bit goofy...? anyone got pics of a 2 inch... maybe 1 1/2 inch?

Thanks

Jay

There are several way's to lift it (Trailmaster kit, replacement lift coils, JGC coils or Ford coils and UCA, etc), you need to research each and make your decision.

A body lift is up to you on how much...

Do you have a side shot of your truck? If so use an image editing program to "lift" it 2in then 3in and see what you like best ;)

Edited by RedPath88

Iwould consider doin "none of the above" to this particular truck. I have been lookin at the picture you have on the x-build site....your frame looks to be in as bad a condition as the rest of the truck.....I would be scared to ride int the thing with a 3+3 lift and 33's...............at least without have a nascar type seat and harness installed first. Who told you the frame was still good and that it would last more than a couple minutes of 4x4 use???

Oops! I forgot to address the issue at hand.....LIFT!

If cash is tight, and you can't buy the new wheels/ tires right away....go for the body lift. I believe that a suspension lift of any sort is incompatible with stock tires/rims the alignment would be way off and may be dangerous to drive that way. and go with the 3" kit....that way you can get away with less suspension mods when you get bigger tires.....I.E. less angle on the CV Joints and more available downward travel for the suspension

I believe that a suspension lift of any sort is incompatible with stock tires/rims the alignment would be way off and may be dangerous to drive that way

what? ;)

Edited by Kn0xville

what? ;)

GEE.....I read My instructions....did you?? UCA's designed for a 3" lift (the maximum possible without serious mods) change the ball joint angle to such a degree that alignment is phisically IMPOSSIBLE with standard tires/wheels on the truck......AC control arms are like this. Other designs prohibit any wheels with greater than 4 1/2" backspacing. Stock rims are 5 1/2

alrighty then

Edited by 89pathy4x4

I have been lookin at the picture you have on the x-build site....your frame looks to be in as bad a condition as the rest of the truck.....I would be scared to ride int the thing with a 3+3 lift and 33's

Well I looked at my frame and grinded it all down... not one rust hole, and its solid. Im going to be coating it with zrc... and ive taken it offroading when I first got it... ive seen worse. I plan on getting a new frame in 2-3 years... whenever my engine blows the frame will be replaced at same time

ok....I'm not actually looking at the truck, and pics can sometimes be deceiving.

anyway, postpone the suspension stuff until you can afford to do the whole thing...buy stuff a piece at a time if you have to...and watch ebay for wheel/tire deals..........CHEAP! All you really have to buy is the upper control arms and some lift springs, crank up the torsion bars and VOILA!.....3 inch suspension lift. To lift any more than that would cost serious $$$ In the mean-time.....with half the body already off your rig, the perfect time to do the body lift. It's chaep too at around 100 bucks

89pathy... so all of the atleast 500 people out there with aftermarket UCAs running their stock 31's on stock wheels are in danger? well damn.. better make that a sticky and warn everyone about what they have installed before driving anywhere again! Remember, the UCAs are meant to lift and be able to fit 32 inch tires, thats only an inch and sometimes 2 inches of difference for most stock guys out there. Im sorry to say this, but i disagree with you on this. I dont mean to carry this on, just dont want you scaring people away from ever buying some UCAs and keeping the stock tires/wheels.. (like i have)