Newish r50 owner from western Washington

Guest IyachtuXvim

Guest IyachtuXvim

So got stuck with my ex-wifes 1997 SE pathfinder when she couldn't afford the payments(i'm primary on the loan). I was bummed at first 'cause I already had a off-road warrior (toyota pu) and was planning on trading my car in on a new Scion TC. But after driving the pathfinder awhile and doing some mild off road excursions, I've decieded that I really like this vehicle. I plan on building this up into a deceint all-terrain machine and thought you guys & gals (if there are any ladies) could help me out. Sucks about the lift situation with these newer pathfinders but I've found its quite capible with the stock suspention. I plan on adding some pages on my Sounddomain... oh sorry Cardomain page for the build up on this, I'll shoot y'all a link when I do. Anyone in NW Washington that wants to go wheelin' shoot me over a message and we'll hook up.

Truck is pretty stock right now it's got 30x9.5 general AT's on toyota rims, K&N air and oil filters, and an Optima red top.

post-19-1144372518.jpg

Edited by IyachtuXvim

WAVEY hello and welcome! nice rig. there are quite a few (including npora's founder) members in the pacific nw.. and many in WA.

glad you decided to keep the pathy. there is much fun to be had from them :beer::aok:

and yes.. i am one of the i believe 5 ladies on this board :D

welcome to the boards n.w corner guy....damn another one :P alot of good and knoledgable people up that way, and like pezzy congrats on gettin "stuck" with the pathy you will find they are quite capable trucks off road.....enjoy and nice truck.....btw it sucks gettin stuck with the payments ....x wifes urrrg :angry:

Guest IyachtuXvim

Thanx for the welcomes, I've charted out my short term upgrade schedule (probbably wont stick with it but it's the plan). Let me know what you all think.

1. Skid plates - front, dif, center. In that order I'll get the rear one down the road.

2. Manual locking hubs.

3. Swaybar quick disconnects (if they help that much. someone let me know on this?)

4. AC 2" lift coils & new shocks and stuts. Everyone seems to go for the KYB struts, are these better than the Rancho RSX's?

5. Replacing my factory side steps with fuctonal rock sliders.

6. 31x10.5 Baja Claw, or TSL/SX's on seperate rims for weekend use, keep the AT's for every day driving.

7. Bullbar w/ winch.

Any suggestions let me know.

Edited by IyachtuXvim

• 2 weeks later...