Hesitation...bad!

navygz19

Ok just got back from some wheeling and am pretty mad. We had a good amount of rain yesterday...thus, the local mud pit was chock full of the brown stuff (finally) I was there for about a half hour, was pretty rough on the Pathy (hit some spine-jarring ruts sideways while skidding through 5 inches of muck...nothing it can't handle tho) and when I left and accelerated from a stoplight, it felt like it mis-fired...pretty violently. It happened one more time closer to home, only not quite as bad. It was enough to get me thinking at least. Bad gas? I don't think so, I've had it in for 2/3 or a tank. Plugs? Water? I'm without words.

Any insight is appreciated!

:beer: Navy

p.s. It was a good time, tho! Here's some pics...

Dsc01122.jpg

Dsc01121.jpg

May have something to do with your missing splash guard? :D

I would check for wetness in the engine bay, around the plug wires and any control modules.

Air filter OK? Fuel filter? (probably not as it is intermittent but you may have stirred up some junk in the tank that has impacted the filter)

Otherwise :shrug:

And you had fun!

yeah what they said, aslo, have u driven it since then and has it kept doing it

sometimes things get wet and it does that, i had to let my rig dry cuzz it wouldnt stay runnin i had so much water under the hood

when we went 4wheeling a couple weeks ago I somehow fouled a plug mine felt like I was pulling a lead sled but I got lucky and it was the #4 plug not dreaded #6 so cleaned it up with wd-40 and a lighter and check gap put'er back in and she was good to go.....and what others stated above

Thanks for the replies. I just got back and ended up driving it for about 30 mins...no issues what so ever. I'm not aure what happened...BUT (Trainman :D ) I AM missing my whole splash guard (waiting for my skids to ship) so...something may have been, I don't know, "affected."

Only time will tell I guess!

Oh BTW Fueler...I know it's not THAT dirty but then again< i wasn't there for that long. Next time...It's ON! :aok:

sly sounds like you either fouled out the electrical or the air filter got wet.

I dunno about the air filter, the box was dry when I checked it after I got home.

It drove fine again today. I'm interested to see if it happens again next time I go AFTER the skids are installed (it's all open down there now)

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to check the seal on the distributor, if water gets in there in will carry on a fair bit.

If out in the scrub nothing that a squirt of wd-40 cant fix, but be warned dont put the dizzy cap back on straight away after squirting, i have blown a cap to pieces before (not in the scrub though, that would have been a nightmare)