A/C and EGR

Ramithepimp77

Hello again. I am planning on taking out my A/C pretty soon (it doesnt work I dont need it really and i was gonna start looking in to re locating my ALT). I was wondering who has done it and what really needs to be done. For me I dont wanna go in there and unbolt everything and be leaving something out.

Also my EGR canister/regulater/whatever its called is pretty much destroyed. It has been like that since I got my pathy. It looks like it was in a bad fire than placed back in my engine bay. So since I know a few of you have rid of it also I wouldn't mind knowing a thing or two about it.

Are they fairly easy to take out? Looks not to bad!

Rami

They're not that bad. The AC stuff comes out pretty easily, but the condenser is in front of the radiator so you gotta pull the hoses and at least tip the rad back to get that out. The CC is like that too, just plug the ends of all the hoses with something....wine cork, bolt and a hose clamp, your finger...

my egr was completly clogged...i think u need to make a plate to cover where u remove it...but my ac on the pass side where it goes into the firewall it was loose...check it it might be loose cuze i never checked it b4 the motor broke and that woulda fixed it...but if ure like me and dont run it u can rip it out...but like others advised me is it really worth it in our trucks...

havent heard much on the alt relocation but lemmie know the logic behind that...even if its mechanical advantage

In the 2 years ive owned this truck I have yet to turn on the AC. If its easy I wouldent mind letting it take a hike as well. For some reason the AC air burns my eyes, im a freak i know.

Edited by Duffman

Look into turning that AC into an onboard air compressor... well if you think that it is something you would use ;)

I have most of the parts needed to add that to my Yota... (only major things I need now are a regulator and pressure switch)

Though I am not sure how strong of an air pump a Nissan AC Comp. will make... some AC units work well, others not so good :shrug:

Thanks guys. Ill prolly take that stuff out before summer. The reason that I would like to relocate the ALT to where the A/C is now (if it is possible) is because.....

A: It won't be under water every time I go wheeling

B: It won't always be muddy

C: It would be TONS easier to get to (which I love)

D: Maybe JUST MAYBE it may be a little cooler??? Who knows. I dont know LOL!

Rami

A. You'll just go deeper to achive that

B. Sure it will, if I can get a 4"x6" chunck of mud onto the top of my intake, you can get mud into your alt in that spot

C. True, also shorter wire lengths

D. Nah, if anything it would be warmer up there

So if you were to remove the EGR wouldn't your check engine light be on all the time?

The way I see it....

When the EGR circuit is commanded to open there is a temperature sensor in the housing (intake manifold) that checks for a heat rise and sends a signal (voltage) back to the computer to say "I'm feeling the heat, so everything's OK"

If there's no temperature rise (because you killed the vacuum or closed the port or whatever) the sensor doesn't send a signal and that's what trips the Check Engine light.

So..... fool the computer (provide the sensor voltage regardless of temperature rise) and voila: no Check Engine light.

Cheers!

Gary

Edited by 94 Pathy Gary

A. You'll just go deeper to achive that

Ya your prolly right LOL!

B. Sure it will, if I can get a 4"x6" chunck of mud onto the top of my intake, you can get mud into your alt in that spot

Ya..... your prolly right? Hahaha

B-b-b-b-but *I* made it sound so darned scientific! laugh.gif

HAHAHA I like the way 88 said it a little more. It didnt make me go cross eyed :blink:

JK

Rami