Spark plug wire recommendations?

ntwrkguy1

Time to change the plug wires on the '97 SE.....has anyone here used Magnecore's? I'm not sure if they are worth the extra money, though a friend of mine had decent results using a set on a performcance small-block Chevy he had.

If not Magnecore's, any other recommendations?

I haven't changed mine out, but understand that with the extra money you spend on "nicer" plug wires would probably be better spent on beer.

With this kinda stuff, ask yourself "was the factory stuff doing a bad job?"

The answer is no. I have had terrible experiences with Bosch on American/Japanese cars, and favorable experiences on German cars.

Stick to NGK and Denso for the Jap mobiles. NGK Iridium plugs and NGK wires. Save your money.

Also, I swear to God, if you do any gay ricer stuff like colored wires you will be made fun of horribly! ;) Just an FYI!

I used NGK's from Rock Auto. Fit perfect, work fine.

Pretty shade of blue... ;) If anyone cares... I don't! They promptly turn dusty brown if used properly!

my new motor actually had 3 NGK wires left on it if anyone wnats them.. coil wire is one of them sly they looked new.. even after the motor had been sitting for so long.

i have never had any problems with the bosch and this is my second set of them. they are $32 and have never caused me any issues.

i would love a set of NGK's but my pockets are empty.

Dave has a set of taylors sitting inna box but they're 8mm 90 degree bend... damnit :angry:

Also, I swear to God, if you do any gay ricer stuff like colored wires you will be made fun of horribly! ;) Just an FYI!

ROFLMAO!!

Good stuff on the colored wires....I guess the neon green ones I bought will have to go back! :) j/k, of course!

The wires on the '97 are the original ones, so I figured it probably is time to replace them. I'll hook myself up with some NGK wires and plugs, and call it a day!