Custom Winch Bumper

Spolar93

I'd like to start off by giving a big thank you to Nissan Nut over on N4W.com. great idea, and thanks for answering my questions:

onto the pics:

Flexing on some rocks. I hate IFS...

bumper001.jpg

bumper002.jpg

bumper003.jpg

bumper004.jpg

bumper005.jpg

Drive way shots:

bumper006.jpg

bumper007.jpg

bumper009.jpg

what do you guys think? i'm pretty pleased by my first big project. Entire bumper is made of 1/4" plate, cut on a cnc plasma cutter and tig welded together by myself. recessed turn signal pockets, three 3/8" vertical supports inside each side, driving light brackets, yadda yadda yadda. only think that kinda bugs me is that it looks like it cuts down on my departure angel, but that didnt seem to hinder me rock crawlin on the old rock pile.

hopefully the rear bumper will turn out as good as richardz_nc, another great bumper idea.

Edited by Spolar93

total cost was just $50 for the harbor freight winch plate. plate steel was free at my school, best part! :beer: i just gotta run down to 4wheel parts and grab a pair of d rings and i'll be set. not sure if i'll have a winch by then, as i'd rather have tires that have tread on them. right now my AT's are on their last leg, so i'm not sure how april is gonna go down

no sir, i dont really like them, thats the one thing i dislike about on the arb's. i'll be putting a set of procomp 5x7 floods on the bumper, then some 6" or 8" spots on top of the fenders, cop style.

This is off topic, but i see your still running your POS auto hubs.. i got some good manual ones if you want them. I think the 87 ones will fit yours... they are mile marker. never had any issues.

This is off topic, but i see your still running your POS auto hubs.. i got some good manual ones if you want them. I think the 87 ones will fit yours... they are mile marker. never had any issues.

If I recall correctly, the '87-89 used 27 spline hubs, the 90-95 used 28.

hey thanks 87, but yeah, older pathies use 27 splines, and the 90-95 use 28. yeah, i dislike the autos, as theyve slipped out a few times, but since i'm low on money, i'm waiting for these to either grenade and replace them, or if i get a hell of a deal on a set

youre my boy rami, but after this beast together, i'm all bumpered out. i'll gladly give you a hand though man :beer: you gonna be available to go wheelin anytime soon though man?

nope, basically the inside is 3 vertical pieces of .5" stock connecting the top and bottom. tested the sides and middle with a hilift, and they hold just great. really really over built this bumper.....

no sir, i dont really like them, thats the one thing i dislike about on the arb's.

One reason I asked is it looks like the 2 sides need something more to tie them together to me :shrug: it looks like the only connection between the 2 sides is the winch plate in the pics.