mnharley

actually that's why and how i found this place! i do have a big problem and i need big help...i installed a new cd player in it friday night. went to get into it saturday and the truck is dead now..my husband has been trying to figure out why and what happend. everything works, but it will not start.

when you say everything works fine, what do you mean??? like all the electronics. do you have the cd player grounded out, is the power correct? kinda give us some general information that way we can try and work through the problem and not play the geussing game.

ok electrical works fine. have power everywhere except on black and purple lead, going to starter. checked ignition switch etc. all operational. has factory alarm, tested at ignition interupt relay, still has power passed said. read schematics, kinda unclear as to where "inhibitor" switch or relays are located. truck worked fine until radio swap. question, is there a lock out in alarm system other than the ignition interupt relay? is factory stereo incorperated in alarm?

When you try to start the truck do you hear a "click"? It could be that your started failed independently of the stereo install. Try whacking the starter with a hammer. If it starts after you need to replace the starter.

Welcome to the board! WAVEY

We demand pictures! (of the pathy of course!)

I hope we can help you with this and any other issues you might have. :aok:

thanks for the info! that was the first thing we did!!

well, the hubby just came in and fixed the problem...a grey plug with one brown and one black wire was unplugged some how..he plugged it in and bammm...she started right up!!!!!!! not sure how it came unplugged. i will post pics later of her later..thanks alot.

Welcome to the board -- yes we can offer some sarcasm here... all you gotta do is ask! B)

-bounce- but be careful when you ask pezzy for it........ she's reaaaaaally generous with it! HAHAHAHA :P

WAVEY hello and welcome to our home away from home! :beer:

:laugh: wow ya all sure do make someone feel welcome here! :beer: i like this one..lol

i am from minnesota. married, a son, who is 7, but i swear he is going on alot older than that! lol...

the hubby thought i was crazy for getting another pathfinder, since my other one broke..but now of course...he wants one...he has driven my baby once and that is all he will get!!!!!!! :laugh:

yeah i cant' believe it was a simple problem like that..never saw that coming!

Yeah, make the hubby get his own... mine has a 2000 Xterra (wanna-be Pathy)... makes for a nice Nissan driveway! (although it does make for outrageous gas bills eek!)