How many people would buy the 4 1/2" lift?

tmorgan4

I've talked with steve a little about just that. I dont think he wants to step on anybodys toes, but would be willing to build these lifts. Just hook me up with some specs with permission to use them and 4 or 5 orders. We also talked a little abot a full kit, all fasteners, fittings and springs (rear ac 2") etc.. included (i wonder if the ome's will work on the front).

I've got another set of wheels i can drive, so he can use my pathy for testiing/fitment.

I'm definately interested, the only problem is that postage to Australia will be a killer.

I would be interested in buying a copy of the designs as i am a mechanical engineer i can make them myself.

Let me know if you would sell me a copy of the drawings and for how much.

• 2 weeks later...

The largest tire that I've seen with the lift (or any Pathfinder) is a 33. Colopathy over on AC's board fit 33x12.5's and had to take a nice chunk of metal out of the fender well right behind the rear door if I'm thinking right. He also had to cut part of the stock bumper wings off due to the width of the tire. I'm still waiting to hear back from some guys so no progress has been made lately. :nono: Hopefully by summer these can be available. Don't take my word for it though. :beer:

This is mildly off topic (although I wonder what size tires are in the pics), but just leaving some inspiration pictures I have laying around. This is supposedly a 3" custom lift w/ 3" coils in front and 4.5" custom lift with 3" coils in rear:

Edited by MichiganAve

It's hard to say what size tires those are. That thing's....huge! I've recently decided that nothing looks as good on the internet as it does in person and it looks nice. 34's have extremely limited sizing, and for some reason I can't see those being 35's. Anyone else?

Yeah, I'd guess those are really wide 34s. Height is basically equivalent to this 4.5" lift w/ AC coils. With 3" coils, its angles would be worse than ours! Honestly, for those who have already accepted the poor CV angle of AC coils would adding that to the 4.5" be any worse? If not, I would certainly consider OME medium coils up front, AC in rear, and I'd still need another ~1" in the rear somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates to the availability of the 4.5" lift????

Just got a new job with a pretty sweet pay raise. Celebration list includes getting my station wagon up a little higher, tempted to go with the AC lift just cause its a now thing. But would prefer the 4.5". Is this gonna happen any time soon? Sheeet, I'd settle for buying the specs and having it built locally if I have to.

build it and they will come........

please

Yes, I've read the thread and I realize it requires the rear coils. I'm just wondering if the 4.5" will be available in a reasonable time frame. I don't mind waiting if its really happening. And I would rather not buy the AC front coils if they are only temporary.

I really need to dump the grannywagon look, and I will do the 2" if the 4.5" is in never never land.

I aplogize for taking so long, I haven't been on this forum since my RAM was friend shortly after visiting this forum. :lol: I'm not trying to move people away from this forum, but if you check out the AC forums that's where most of the updates for this are. As of right now, progress is being made, but slowly. I hope to have some big progress made by the first part of summer, but I hope thats not saying too much. PM me with any specific questions of email at tmorgan4@frii.com. The interest definitely hasn't died down, so it's in the works. :D

Fueler - I find most of your posts amusing since they're absolutely worthless, but don't go saying things that you don't know anything about. You posted this same "threat" over on AC and everyone told you that you didn't know what you were talking about, so you come here and post the same thing.

First off, you don't seem to understand how the lift works. At all.

Second, ANY lift makes a vehicle more dangerous than stock. There's no way to deny that lifting the center of gravity up higher is safer on the road.

Third, yes, the lifts Keith built could be considered ghetto. They were cut with an Oxy-acetalyne setup and weren't the prettiest looking cuts. They were also spraypainted to keep them from rusting.

The final concensus is....it's a way to reliably lift an R50 higher than anything else available in the US while keeping CV angles the same as the day it came out of the factory.

If you're so worried about safety, I wouldn't mention driving under the influence @ Baja . :beer:

Fueler - I find most of your posts amusing since they're absolutely worthless, but don't go saying things that you don't know anything about. You posted this same "threat" over on AC and everyone told you that you didn't know what you were talking about, so you come here and post the same thing.

First off, you don't seem to understand how the lift works. At all.

Second, ANY lift makes a vehicle more dangerous than stock. There's no way to deny that lifting the center of gravity up higher is safer on the road.

Third, yes, the lifts Keith built could be considered ghetto. They were cut with an Oxy-acetalyne setup and weren't the prettiest looking cuts. They were also spraypainted to keep them from rusting.

The final concensus is....it's a way to reliably lift an R50 higher than anything else available in the US while keeping CV angles the same as the day it came out of the factory.

If you're so worried about safety, I wouldn't mention driving under the influence @ Baja . :beer:

owned5io.jpg

:lol:

The struts used are same are stock, and I believe stock shocks can be used in the rear. If you care about having any flex at all new shocks in the rear are needed. Shocks off a Ford Superduty are used since it uses the same mounting type but it's longer than stock.