Aussie Noob

OzMattie

Hi guys,

Well I got my pathy a week ago. (96 pathy Ti with 31x10.5 BFG AT Ko's) other than that pretty stock. Took it out on the weekend to see how it goes in the bush. What was supposed to be an hour round trip took us 4.5 hours.

The pathy went really well. we had planned to go up one track and come back on the other. About half way up the first track there was 2 tracks called shortcut 1 and shortcut 2 we tried to cut across short cut 1 but there was a tree across the track so we had to turn around ( a massive effort in itself).

We made it up to shortcut 2, all started out really well then the track turned to @!*%e. we decided to give it a go anyway. it took us 3.5 hours to go just over 1.5k's

we have some photos on our web page. Unfortunately the pics dont show how steep it really was.

Looking forward to getting out again.

OzMattie

http://home.exetel.com.au/mattgray/4wd%20trips.html

You got half of the forest laying in those ruts. :huh:

Loose the rear sway bar and you will be suprised how much articulation you get out of the arse end. And pictures never do justice to a track :angry: so you're not alone on that point.

I am in Bundoora, just north of Melbourne.

Welcome. :beer:

:huh: Yeah some of the rust were pretty bad and the raider didnt have as much clearance as the pathy. There was alot of logs near the track so we used them.

PM me if you want to go bush sometime Vsicks always looking for people to tag along with not many mates have 4wd's.

How far east are you Matt? The guy that broke his CV joint on Sundays trip was from Mt Evelyn.

A mate and I will be organising a weekend trip (camping and 4wding) soon. It will not be too hard because the poor bugger has a hilux (ifs) and in stock form, as his is, they don't get into the medium too well, letalone hard places. Your pathy should not break on one of these type trips. So if you're interested, we could hook up.