saving gas

Guest TigerHokieFan

Guest tram_bethea

Sup guys, I was wondering if you all have any tips for me on things I can do to my pathfinder to save gas. I've been adding STP to it lately and that helps a bit but if you guys know of anything else I could do, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks, Tram

- do a search

- Check your tire pressure

- Check your EGR and Ignition system Sensors

- Get headers

- Add a teaspoon or so of acetone to a full tank of gas

- Reduce Drag

- Dont run your AC

- Get an electric Fan

- Do a search again

- Do another one just to make up for not doing it the first time.

What they said and

I get decent fuel economy by keeping to the speed limit (or under if a multi lane highway but I never hold up traffic) and when I use the cruise. At 100 kph I can average (over 1,300 km trip) 25 mpg imperial, 21-22 mpg US.

But as soon as I use the power and push the beast, it drops right off to 20 mpg imperial.

So it depends on what you want. :shrug:

You know that fuel additive costs more than you're saving, right?

The best way to save gas is to go with the smallest size tire you can get away with, run the tires at maximum pressure, go VERY easy on the gas, and drive 65-75 max on the freeway. Drive as little as possible and combine trips around town. That's about it.

wanna know one real good way to save gas?

dont take your doors off and slide your sunroof off and leave the back hatch closed! ...dont ask me how i know sssh

Now I'm curious! What the heck were you doing.....and where are the photos!

i unfortunaly did not capture any pictures of it in action with no doors or sunroof. the doors were easy as crap to get off,needle nose pliers and a little hammer. i wrestled with the sunroof for a while, stripping screws left and right until i discovered it will slide right off.. haha.

i did have a nice cut across the side of my face for a while where i stuck my head out trying to get down a washed out bank and i turned my head strait and ::bam::. a branch jumped out and popped me..haha it was fun though