Spacers

dnodog

has anyone tried using wheel spacers on their path.... i just put on a lift kit and now i get a little rub on the inside of the tire at full lock. I can't afford to buy new rims and tires right now.

I am using a 16 inch rim with 245/75 16 tires{ almost new rubber}. (31 inch)

Edited by dnodog

Personally, I don't like spacers, but I'm sure you could go with 1/8" maybe 3/16 without trouble. Personally I'd just deal with it until the new rims... Any $ you spend will just put them farther away, right ?

B

Sounds like the root of your problem is inadequate backspacing on your rims. I believe it should be between 3.5 and 4"

My 33s hit the frame like you mentioned but only at or near full droop.

I cant think of any suppliers, but I bet some searching of toyota websites might be helpful since the bolt pattern is the same.

good catch on the center bore. Although the chevy 6 lug is the right pattern, the center bore on most factory chevy rims is too small for the front hubs. Ive looked into getting rims machined to fit, but the price was too much

• 1 month later...

:shrug:

That's wierd! I got tired of the creaking of the wheelstops so I took mine off. I know start cussing me out, but I haven't had any problems :hide: yet on the tires tearing something up. I get a sharper turning radius and I'm running the stock 31X10.5X15 Kumhos. I'm sure I'll have to put them back on once I get my 33's on.

:confused: Why would the tire have a better chance on rubbing with a spacer? You would have a lesser chance of the tire rubbing the frame or the front steering area wouldn't you? I could see the fenders, but that is what a sawzaw is for. Trim away my friend! :beer: