LOCKS!

El Pathfindero

Well for starters its cold as hell in SD right now, and my locks dont seem to like that to much, every time I close any door, every door in the truck locks, which isnt good, but when it isnt cold out my power locks dont work at all, but they work in cold weather......any help would be great, im thinkin its the master switch in my driver side door, but I really dont want to replace that

I don't have an answer for you but know you're not alone. here is my Diagnosis so far (I'm waiting till spring to look into it)

Mine used to do the same thing. they would autolock or unlock intermittently and it was only happening when it was colder. Now they no longer work at all or very seldomly.

At first I though it was a bad relay but couldn't find it. Checked all the fuses etc. Then I figured something in the drivers door is broken (switch or linkage) and I never searched further,

Until last night. I was playing with the switch when it was quiet and I could herea relay ticking so the switch has power and works but not power gets to the actuator.

I traced the ticking to somewheres in the cargo area. There must be a relay back there that is malfunctionning. I'm going to continue my search and post back if I find anything.

Check for bad wiring in the driver's side kick panel. I had the same symptoms......low click from the cargo area. That's the "door lock timer". That's normal. I had a bad wire in the kick panel.

do a forym for little plastic thingie and you may find your answer. The locks are not completely disengaging when uyou unlock it. the force of the door slam triggers the power locks. Happening to me as well.

Ever since I got hit in the passenger's door if you slam that door it locks all the doors. Also ever since then if I have the key in the ignition I can't lock any of the doors, the locks just pop back open. Other times I can't unlock the passenger's door, I unlock it but when you try to open it it locks again, I have to sneak up on it to get it open. I figure I have a pinched wire in that door. But hey, I never get in that side anyways, frustrates my wife though.

I believe that there is a little circut board type deal under the drivers door controls that can crack or come loose. I'll try to dig up the thread I remember. Also (as a safety -read idiot- feature), I can not lock my drivers side door if the door is ajar and the key is in the ignition. All doors will unlock. If you have a symptome like this, it may have to do with either the idnition sensor or drivers door sensor.

B