Fuel reserve path 2002

chapter

I think there's about 12-15 liters of fuel still in the tank when the "low fuel" light glows. You can, of course, verify this by subtracting the fuel added at your next fillup from the fuel tank capacity (64 liters).

I think there's about 12-15 liters of fuel still in the tank when the "low fuel" light glows. You can, of course, verify this by subtracting the fuel added at your next fillup from the fuel tank capacity (64 liters).

64 l? I must have the optional extra capacity fuel tank as I have put in as much as 65 l without the light going on :D .

From the 02 manual (Page 9-2):

Capacity (Approximate)

Recommended specifications

Fuel

US measure 20-7/8 gal

Imp measure 17-3/8 gal

Liter 79

My light goes on (once only so far) with about 12-15 l left as noted by XPLORx4. The gauge is wonky for sure, showing half tank it only takes about 30 l.

well im from america, we do stuff in gallons, its less confusing. ive put in 20 gallons before andno light came on. and its less than a 21 gallon tank.

which is odd because i know i can drive like an @$s for 30-40 miles before i need to actually get gas and when your poor, that 30-40 extra miles is nice.

the most i have ever pumped into my R50 with a VERY empty tank (barely running) was about 18 gallons!

PS the R50 has a submerged fuel pump so it's better to keep the tank filled, keeps it cool

Edited by FUELER