where are your subs?

Maz

I've got mine along the passenger side. Left just enough room to lower the seats, and my box is taller rather than longer, and fits 2 10" subs front to back. I'd recommend as tall a box as you can handle in the cargo area so that you don't lose floor area . Its a balancing act, just keep your center of gravity low (speakers low) if you do any wheeling. I just replaced mounting screws that I managed to rip loose. :D

I built a 1.3cu.ft. box over the passenger wheel well hump that holds 1 12" sub. The top of the box is just about level w/ the rear seat backs and sits an inch or two above the cargo side glass. I forgot who (I thought it was Mr. Pickles, but I guess not) but somebody used the dead space behind the interior panels as a sub box for two 10" subs.

bah, who needs trunk space? i have a Q-Logic box with 1cu/ft for each sub (2 10") and it leaves some room. if you need more just flop down the rear seats and re-arrange your box hehe. the only prob you have when building box's around things or going with small boxes for room reasons is you run the risk of limiting the potential of your subs. you should always place them in the appropriatley sized box. each one of my 10's calls for 1 cu/ft. and there isnt really any other place to put box's of that size.

Mine are here (see pic) but i have it set up so the seats still fold down and i can easily remove/move the box ... i can still fit a pressure washer..still in the box.. back there with the speaker box.... :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

anybody have pics of any fitted boxes? I have one 12" sub in a normal box right now, but with the spare in the rear too I've been thinking of making a box over the pass side fender. I'm hoping to fit the two JL 10s that I have.

I have mine in a box, and if you need cargo room, just take em' out. How hard is that?member_images.jpg

And I have my amp mounted here so as it's not a hassle to disconnect the wiring and it makes for hard theiven',member_images.jpg

Well, what if you were to get something before you either had time to take it out, or if you did expect you were going to need the room before hand? Then it be nice to have something that's already out of the way...

See I've got a small box(one 12" sub) and the spare tire which = no room. I plan to move the spare to a rack on top of the truck and then make two boxes on either side of the rear over the wheel wells.

Custom is sweet!!! My best friend and I built this custom box and ported it for a square Kicker 15....I really wonder myself how it would sound sealed.

ANYBODY WITH A SEALED BOX.....tell me how it sounds in your Rig!!! PM me whatever, I want info please!

My box goes just higher than the cargo glass also...a revised box would sit lower and fit tighter against the back seat so I can use my cargo cover...but this box is sweet for now!!

post-6-1134745022.jpg

Edited by 98silverpathy

Building 3

The foil is the best way to mold to your shape without sticking to carpet and other work surfaces!! Plus when you are married to a Puerto Rican you learn that Aluminum Foil can do anything, just ike West Virginians and duct tape (Stickable Chrome)

post-6-1134745321.jpg