pathy sits lopsided! shocks?

nakta

front driver side seems to sit about an inch lower that the other sides. also, kinda bad vibration at low speeds. might be the wheels and tires. i wanna be more agile offroad so what upgrades/repairs can i make to help my pathy?

mine sits crooked too, but i did mess with the tbars and coils so im not to worried about it cizz i should be getting new suspension stuff soon

you could do the jgc lift and tbar crank, thats what i did and you see what it got me, or you could buy a complete suspension lift, or better yet you do what im doing and buy the pieces to a suspension ligt, like coil tbars and shocks, im going to go with calmini coils purenissan.com and rancho shocks which can be found on 4x4parts.com and the tbars from either of the 2, the one problem with a suspension lift is the steering, if you look around on the board a little you will find it but l&p performance takes care of that lpperformance.com

Mine doesn't sit level either.. i think i have a saggy t-bar after i messed with them.. they still seem lopsided.. time to re-index...

as for lifts.. i posted this recently... but here goes again:

depending onwhat type and how hard you will be wheeling.. here are a few things i did that work quite nicely for less than $150....

JGC coils: brand new $70

Rancho 5000 series shocks (all 4) $80

t-bar crank: free

time it all takes to install: 3 hours

tools needed: jack, jack stands, BFH, coil spring compressor if you have one, ratchet, selection of sockets, wrenches, and of course, most important.... booze of your choice! -alcohol- :aok:

mine sits crooked too. passenger side and the back are lower.. i haven't messed with it much except to put on used (but better) stock springs..(thanks B.) that helped somewhat.. jgc/ford coils will be next and so will be doing the crank/re-indexing.. i am thinking that should do it...

now, for you that's probably what you might have to do after you take care of the other problems.. vibrations of the tires: low air, worn out tire, busted belt (in the tire,) out of ballance; ball joints, TREs, CL, IA, PA, stabilizers, and links, and a host of other ills are possible.. start at the top of my list and work your way down..

creecks: kind of keep your eye out for bad rubber (bushings) and anything loose or bent..

Edited by mzxtreme

Hmm, the vibration could be a bad or unballanced tire (check for dirt or missing weights), alignment or just tired front end components. How old is the truck and what shape is it in mechanically ?

The lean is probably fro the torsion bars sagging. As for fixing it up, indexing/cranking the T-bars and JGC springs are a cheap and easy way to go. Upper control arms are recommended but not required. Here is some reading.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18

http://www.jimbennett.net/torsionadjustment.htm

Shocks and bushings are generally helpful also. Remember that if you have a very worn front end (ball joints, center link, tie rod ends, etc) that needs to be addressed also. If you can't tell, go to a decent front end shop and just have them inspect it so you know where you stand. Then you will be able to make good decisions and address issues in the most effective order.

B

I'd suggest T bar crank on the low side if possible and needed, then check wheels for excess built up mud on the back side, then suspension slop (either check yourself if you know, or take to a reliable shop). After the cheap and free stuff is good, you should have a good idea of what else needs replacement and will cost $$$.

Well mine used to sit lower in the front but when I got my Lower Ball Joints replaced they cranked the T bars for me so now it's about even front and back, how much of it was do to sagging t bars and how much was due to worn bj's :shrug:

I recommend staying the stock ones even after you crank them level/index them. If it seems uneven when driving then, you may have to replace them, but in my book, start with the free options first... ;)

I don't know of other manufacturers other than Calmini but there might be some. The advantage is that they are generally stiffer so things don't flex as easily. The draw backs are that it must put more load on other components, and in SEVERE circumstances, they can break easier, but that is not normal. I'd say work with that you have first.

B