New project/toy

Mr. Pickles

Last summer I stumbled across a garage sale in the neighborhood where something shiny caught my eye. A bull bar type guard from a late model Land Rover Discovery. Strangely enough, I held it in front of the Pathy and things lined up enough that I just bought it in case. Fast forward many months, and I finally got a welder, and have been playing. Please excuse the booger welding, as its been like 10 years since my last time in high school...

Oh, and I also found a local guy on ebay selling these 100 watt each Pro-Comp lights for CHEAP.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Looks great! Good job!

It's good, I guess, when your hands grow from where they're supposed to, not from where they grow in my case)))) I woulda welded the wheel to the rear bumper :blink:B)

By the way, many Pathies imported from Japan come with guards almost exactly like that, made especially for Pathies. Though ordering it would be a bit more expensive than welding a Land Rover guard onto a pathy)))

you weren't in renton today were you? recognize the front of the truck....

Nope, not me, although I work in Kent. But I stayed at the office all day.

Thanks all. I didn't just weld the thing to the truck. I made some brackets to bolt on at the tow hooks and to the factory mounts on the guard. Good times. Those lights are BRIGHT. Like, signal other planets bright. Me likey. :)

Was that the OEM Land Rover A-bar sold at dealers as an accessory? If it is, that guard was a hell of a steal! Even if not it looks great and is hella cheap!

Love the lights too! Looks great! :clap:

I think so, it had a small little OEM looking Land Rover stick on one of the mounts. I actually paid a whole $15 for it after scoffing at their $20 sticker. :D

:o woot!! $15!! wanna come over n install one of the 2 i have sitting here?

that looks splendifferous.. and to think... all told less than $60...daaaaaaang :cool2:

Hey Slick, finally make your move up this way, and I'll hook you up. :beer: The mounts are very simple, I just took a while as I was re-teaching myself how to weld (poorly). -alcohol-

Pimp grill guard: $15

Normally $65+ shipping Pro Comp 100 watt lights: $30

Angle iron: $10

Couple cut-off wheels, couple welding rods, and some nuts and bolts: $5

Testing out my new welder and re-learning my skills after 11 years: PRICELESS

I think so, it had a small little OEM looking Land Rover stick on one of the mounts. I actually paid a whole $15 for it after scoffing at their $20 sticker. :D

I'd say they were lucky to sell it at a garage sale at all. They could of gotten more off Ebay. Looks awesome though! Your truck is one of the few that I idolize as much as my own Pathfinder!