Spokane Thievery

geoff

Dont know why but thought I would share my hatred for thieves in the Spokane area. This is the story of my pathy. I bought it (a 93 SE) with 95k miles on it. I had it for a month and a half and stopped at my sisters apartment on my way home. I was inside the apartment for literally only 5 minutes and it was stolen. I called the cops and they showed up an hour and half later and actually seemed bothered to have to come see me at all.

I found the car 3 days later in a parking lot. They stole my new snowboard jacket, cds and new cd deck. Nice right? Then about a month later I came into town again. I stopped at Safeway to get some cold medicine. I parked out in the middle of the lot with no cars anywhere near me. I was inside, again, for only about 5 mintues. When I came out someone had hit my front end and bent my bumper and fend up. Shop told me it would cost about 1500 bucks to fix all of it.

That same night my car got hit, I met my family downtown at Azteca, a Mexican food joint. I came out to my car and someone had decided to turn my antennae into a pretzel.

I came out to my car a couple of weekends ago and someone had again broken into it and stole my amp, sub and stereo. Now my auto locks on my doors wont work and the drivers side wont work with a key at all. So i have to unlock it by opening the passenger side. Needless to say I hate thieves and they should all be shot. This sucks. I cant win with this rig and I am getting very disheartened with the whole thing.

That's just unreal. It does seem like something's out to cause you (or your Pathfinder) harm. That just plain sucks. At least your truck wasn't totally thrashed when it was stolen...that seems to be the MO of a lot of car thieves. I've heard stories about stolen cars and cars being broken into around Spokane. It's pretty bad with the meth problem we have.

Keeping valuables visible in your vehicle is never the best idea. If they're visible...it's just asking for trouble. Obvious stereo equipment is also a big target amongst thieves. It would be a good idea to build a "stealth" amp box and cover your sub box with one of those vinyl pullouts for the hatch area. Stereo equipment stickers on your rig are a bad thing. Removing your stereo's faceplate will also deter thieves...most won't bother if they see the faceplate missing unless they see other gear. The idea is to make everything looks as stock as possible and not draw any attention to your rig. When you're approching a place where you plan to leave your rig...don't roll in with the stereo bumping...it just draws attention to any would-be thieves that may be lurking.

While not the best deterrent, a decent alarm may have prevented/deterred the breakins...and is cheaper alternative than having to replace a decent stereo. A thief isn't going to stick around when an alarm is blaring. Make sure it has an impact sensor and a visible LED.

I hope these bad vibes leave you soon. I hate to see it...especially in the city I live in. Take care!

Thieves in Spokane, aye they do exist and I agree they need to be shot.

About 5 years ago I had someone break the driver side vent window on my 88. They did not take anything except my brief case which had something special hidden in it. The Ash tray had $100+ in cash (i put it all back in my pocket now)and the glove box had a bunch of CD's.

I got a phone call at 7 am from a guy saying he had my Brief case and it had a loaded weapon in it.

Im like WTF, run outside in the fresh snow in my underware and sure as SH!T window was broken and the door was ajar, I made arrangements for him to return my brief case and contents in 30 min. Called the Police, then called a client of mine that was also police officer, infomed him of what had happened, client was there in 10 min, fact I was hunting with him this afternoon :D

About the same time as the responding officer pulls up the neighbor comes out and finds both of his cars were missing there audio equipment about 2k each.

So now Spokane PD is really busy trying to get prints and taking pictures of the foot prints in the SNOW.

Another pos car pulls up and its the guy with my brief case, he walks up like he owns the place and is very stubborn about getting a $$$ reward. About that time I noticed his shoes :D funny how they matched the prints in the snow. I started asking him about his shoes(nice danner's) and my client also noticed the strange similaritys.

The responding Officer wants to get a statement on where the brief case was found, then wants some picture ID, LMAO the race was on..........COPS in my front yard..

The Stupid SOB went down hard in the snow, his car contained not only the neighbors steros but several others......Did you know its a misdometer for stealing a stero but a FELONY for stealing any type of firearm -bounce- They also searched his appartment, about 10 min away and found all sorts of goodies...

Lesson I learned was:

Never leave the brief case in the car.

Never leave anything visible in the car that I am not willing to lose.

:o Those are awful stories... theives should have their hands cut off.

I have had 3 cars broken into, not including my Jeep on a daily basis, but never my Pathy. I have blacked out windows and my sub box is black and hid all the way in the back. I have a stereo face that flips over when off to give the impression there's nothing there, and I never keep anything (as above) in sight I don't want to lose.

I have an alarm which cost me $200 to have installed, and my Pathy is pretty ugly.

I am fortunate where I live (8 acres in BFE with plenty of eyes n ears) and I work at a big store that has security driving around all night, and they pay special attention to our vehicles.

Don't blame the misfortunes on your pathy, blame it on society. :aok:

Lesson I learned was:

Never leave the brief case in the car.

Never leave anything visible in the car that I am not willing to lose.

Never try to give back what you've stolen when there are cops around

I'm glad to see that you and your neighbor got your stuff back and I'm glad that the a-hole got busted for it but c'mon, he tried to claim a reward with the police there? :laugh: With the rest of the stuff in his car? :laugh: While wearing the same clothing? :laugh: Man, I thought that's the first lesson they teach you in Gangsta 101. What an idiot. :crazy:

Never had anything stolen out of a car or house here in SoCal, never mind a whole car...But when I lived in Boston (Weymouth exactly) I had two cars stolen and literally one was racing around my neighborhood while I was on the phone with police dispatch....The 15 year old drove past me at around 80 missed judged a sharp left and hit a 12 foot tall 200 year old flagstone wall head on right in front of me....I was so mad i went over to the car and was about to try and pull him from the car....Not to save him but to beat the crap out of him, when a cop pulled me aside...He actually had enough brains to put on the 5 point before he hit the wall (The owner of the wall tried to sue my parents and me for the damage)

That same night my car got hit, I met my family downtown at Azteca, a Mexican food joint. I came out to my car and someone had decided to turn my antennae into a pretzel.

maybe they did hat cuz they thought you treated it horrible and gave it a bad home with the dents and stuff in the bumper :D

sorry your havin such bad luck!

(The owner of the wall tried to sue my parents and me for the damage)

You and not the thief who was the driver ? Of course he probably doesn't have anything to pay with... You have to love the mentality of sue happy people. Doesn't he have (whats that wierd thing...) property insurance ? Idiot. He'd have less of a wall after pulling something like that with me... P...

B

The thief was the driver....I was on the cordless phone standing on the corner telling the dispatcher the roar she was hearing was the thief tearing up the neighborhood in my 71 Firebird Formula 400....then the ass hit the wall!! The old man with the wall dropped the suit and appologized when he realized i wasn't the driver, in fac tthe car was stolen.

Ok, I understood everything other than

The old man with the wall dropped the suit and appologized when he realized i wasn't the driver,

That makes more sense. Glad to hear that part was straightened out. I don't wish hives on the old man anymore. Now the thief on the other hand... Buckshot !!

B

My 93 was broke into once in my driveway, lost the stereo, speakers and about 3k in tools. Good thing about it, the stereo and speakers they stole were crap, so I got better ones as replacements. Also,I got to upgrade a few of the tools that were stolen with the Insurance money (it was in my driveway, homeowners covered it :) ).

:blink: I had my gas bill (PG & E bill) stolen from my Ford Cortina in England once.. left the stereo.... tapes.... took a apck of smokes and the bills.. mmmmm K.... no point in indentity theft there.....

we won't go there with the other 3 break ins i have suffered.. son't you just feel violated? pissed me off to no end! P... bastids pssd