Who lives on WA's west side?

Oliver

Isn't that what youve been saying for the last 3-6 months???  P...

:laugh: No, I have been saying that I hope to have it fixed soon ;)

Actually, today I put money down on an engine to hold it. So as soon as I can come up with the balance and find the time to get the old one out and new one in, it will be running again. :aok:

They will only hold it for a month, so I am working on a time table for getting it. :contract:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, for those who are heading west over the holidays, which way are you going?

Oliver I know you're down south in Vancouver right? So you can totally avoid Snoqualmie Pass right?

I'm not exactly sure what my best route is with the ongoing rockslide issue. I've always taken I-90 straight to Highway 18 and head Southwest through Auburn and join up I-5 right around Fed Way and then its only 15 minutes South from there and I'm home.

Never have gone any other way. What do you think?

Well too bad I didn't see this until now. Of course you're right, I go I-84 and get to miss out on that Snoqualmie joy.

I know that this Sunday (tomorrow) is expected to be horrible on I-90. Up to 16 hour delays possible!!! I'd avoid that mess alltogether if you can.

For me from Vancouver up I-84 to Umatilla then North on 395/I-82 through Tri-Cities its 6 hours with stops. Tack on another 2 or so from Tacoma and it puts you in Spo-Compton in about 8. Is it worth it? I dunno. Is it worth the risk of a Snoqualmie mess? Up to you.:shrug:

Good luck either way you go. :aok:

A tip: If you decide to go the I-84 route. When you get to the Kennewick exit take it. It forces you to go through town but its better than the long way around on 82 IMO.

Yeah I'm not going to head out until the middle of December. I'm hoping that by then, they will have gotten that issue solved. Otherwise I'll have to look into alternate routes. I'll have my laptop and the gps and it'll be mounted by then. If there are 16 hour delays as I also have heard rumors of, then I'll possibly bring extra gas with me and lots of DVD's. :)

I think a faster way than going south through dri-sh!$$ies would be to take Hwy. 2 through Stevens pass. It'll put you north o' Seattle...but doesn't look like nearly as much a detour as going down to Hwy. 14 or 84.

Sitting in traffic in snow sux cause your chance to wreck by somebody doing something stupid is pretty high. I once sat for 12 hours coming over the blue mountains on Hwy 84 from Boise...miserable...by the time I made it to Pendleton, I was so exhausted I had to plunk down $60 for a hotel as I could go no further.

I'd 2nd the Hwy 2 suggestion, although I've been stuck in traffic on that pass more than once. That's mainly cause once you come off the pass, its only 1 lane mostly through Gold Bar and stuff all the way to Monroe. But its better than 16 hours or whatever on Snoqualmie for sure, and I think this time of year the traffic is less than during the summer. If you try Hwy 2, I'd suggest trying to time it so you come over in the morning or mid-day, so you skip the afternoon and evening ski traffic from Stevens Pass ski area.

i live in issaquah. If you guys are planning something i would be intrested. i have all stock aside from tires which are 31x10.5. so id be in. i went up to snoqualmie this weekend and traffic wasnt that bad up through exite 53 and 54. i dont know of many good trails around here so i would be a little stressed to find somethign but have no problem driving somewhere.

I'm here, in Bonney Lake. 15 miles east of Tacoma, about 30 south of Seattle. There are plenty of others, although not many that will come out to play.

Wow, im in Tacoma and ive never seen ya before...Ever seen a lifted red pathfinder with Mudbathfinder on windshield with a solid axel on 35's?

thats me!

Wow, im in Tacoma and ive never seen ya before...Ever seen a lifted red pathfinder with Mudbathfinder on windshield with a solid axel on 35's?

thats me!

Nope, sorry. I just moved down here again, and have lived in Seattle and King Co. for about 7 years. I was down south during school, then moved north for college and work. There should be a winter gathering for all of us WA (and Oregon, Idaho, BC, etc.) people to meet.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody still around to play? The Ms. & I were even talking about a camping trip (yes, I know its Jan.). Bring some big blankets, wheel, light a big fire, and have fun. Who knows, as long as its not too cold...

Duffman, good luck on the body lift. Post up if you have any questions. If you get stuck on something I can offer insight on (I doubt it :P but who knows) I'm gonna be heading up to Seattle for lunch Sat. then heading back home by your place in the afternoon. You should be fine though.