R50 Wheels on a WD21

Simon

Hey folks, just did a search, and came up with NADA, so I'm gonna ask.

I've got a 95 Pathy, and I'm going Wednesday to look at some wheels/tires that came off an R50 Pathfinder. I know the bolt pattern is the same for both, but will the center hole be the right size to fit over the hubs on my 95?

I've seen a couple of WD21's with newer style rims, (one had QX4 rims) but I'm not sure if there was any modification necessary to get them to fit.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: A preliminary search on aftermarket wheels shows that part numbers for a 96 and 95 Pathfinders would be the same in 16" size, but I'd like to be 100% sure if possible.

Edited by Simon

K9, you have issues. So do we have a 2nd on the backspacing? I'm looking for a cheap rim to mount a 31x10.5 spare on the tire carrier, but the stock spare rim won't cut it cause the tire won't clear the carrier frame. As long as it will fit there and fit the truck enough to get me home, goo 'nuff for me.

I tried to put on the supercharged Xterra wheels (17x8)" on my WD21 and there is no way it would have worked. As soon as there would have been any flex the rear tires would touch the frame big time.

If I recall correctly the WD22 Xterras and R50 Pathys run similar or identical offset.

Good info Filthy. I'm going to check out a set tonight, but the rims are aftermarket....they were on an R50....so I'll see what the fit is like.

K9, you have issues. So do we have a 2nd on the backspacing? I'm looking for a cheap rim to mount a 31x10.5 spare on the tire carrier, but the stock spare rim won't cut it cause the tire won't clear the carrier frame. As long as it will fit there and fit the truck enough to get me home, goo 'nuff for me.

I just went to the junkyard and picked up another lego wheel for $20. That was several months ago and I still haven't gotten a good tire on it yet (last one I picked up had a broken belt! :angry: )