lift kits

Guest will

so its a 94 pathfinder v6 xe. no complaints about buying it at all, pretty user friendly when it comes to working on it, but does anyone have any suggestions about an easy to do a quick lift on the coil springs in the back?

the best thing i have thought of so far is to take the housing right off, cut the coil mounts off, weld spacers onto the housing and weld the coils back onto that..

if anyone has anything that woudl be better to do than that, please lemme know

thanks

P... search feature cleaverly desguised as a search button in the upper right corner P...

It's way more accurate than your average 8 ball

Please 'scuse the sarcasim, you'll find alot as you get used to us, welcome to the nut house.

Depends on how much lift you want. ;)

If you just want an inch or so you can make a rubber spacer out of a mud flap or some other suitable material.

If you want 2 to 3 inches modified Jeep Grand Cherokee or Ford F100 coil springs (JGC are generally thought to work best) should do the trick. Link to spring info Welding your springs to something is a bad idea, welds break and you can't get the springs out easily if something goes wrong.

Oh yea and if you want even MORE lift you can try and modify JGC lift springs, which would give you approx 2 or 3 inches plus however many inches the lift spring gives. At least thats the theory, hasn't been tested much.

Edited by SC88Pathy

Sheesh, can no one just give him a link ???

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18

They are somewhat right about searching. All the info you need is here, just somewhat scattered about. Read the link, do some searches and ask any questions you might have. :beer:

B

Oh yea and if you want even MORE lift you can try and modify JGC lift springs, which would give you approx 2 or 3 inches plus however many inches the lift spring gives. At least thats the theory, hasn't been tested much.

Wrong...I've had mine in "testing" for going on two years now, along with a few other people I got sets of coils for.

On the JGC coils: cutting off the top coil so they fits gives you about 2" of lift. Heating and re-shaping the top coil to fit will give 3-3.5" of lift. They end up being only about an inch taller than stock Pathy coils, but the spring rate is higher and more than makes up for it. They're a perfect upgrade.

Wrong...I've had mine in "testing" for going on two years now, along with a few other people I got sets of coils for.

Oh look at the big scary 88 moderator beating up on us little guys when he hasn't said anything at all about it. :P

Seriously last time this was brought up only slick seemed to have done it, you didn't say anything. So there. :hide:

heesh, can no one just give him a link ???

Umm did you not see the link in my post? :huh:

Yes, creative editing can by your ace in the hole. Only if you do it properly... :crazy:

B

Edited by Precise1

How much lift?

I only want an inch or two, so I will be (as soon as other projects are done) fabricating spacers out of dense polymer (UHMW, delrin, etc). Will look like a thick brimmed top hat when done - one end carved to fit solidly over the spring mount, and the other carved similar to mount to fit snugly within the stock coil. Add a couple bolts to hold in place, and voila!

I am a weirdo and don't want to give up my stock sprint rates and ride quality. I have air bags to increase load capacity when hauling heavy loads.

87pathy, good to see you in the fold. I do think you're over-qualified for a beginner's lift post, though. :D

i'm not over qualified.. i just got you fooled into thinking so :D

with all the info thrown at him, he should be able to figure it out.

:beer: