intstalling RS9000x Rancho rear shocks

97SE

OK, so I'm trying to install these RS9000x on the rears.

1.) First thing...the upper mounting pin is larger than the hole on the RS9000x. However, there is a metal bushing inside the RS9000x upper mount that can be pushed out. If I push it out, the shock will fit. Is this OK?

2.) The bottom mount on the Rancho is smaller than OEM shock. The OEM has a flared bottom that seats in the cradle on the lower shock mount. The RS9000x does not have a cradle...just a straight up rubber bushing. Therefore, the Rancho is about 3/4" narrower than the OEM. If I mount it, there will be space between the lower mount bracket and the rubber bushing on the shock. The shock would not be tightly held between the lower mount bracket. Someone suggested filling the space with washers. What gives? Am I missing something here?

TIA

~Stephen

Edited by 97SE

come on guys, has nobody installed these shocks on their Pathy? Well I called Rancho, and they said the reason they don't fit is b/c they don't make a shock to fit the Pathfinder. Way to go AC :angry: ...so misleading.

Hmmm...thats really weird. I bought my Rancho 9000x's from AC as well but I had my shop do the fronts and rears all at once. Never was the issue brought up. Wish I could help you.

DJ, can you take a picture of your lower shock mount and post it here? I'd like to see how they handled the spacing issue.

• 5 weeks later...
DJ, can you take a picture of your lower shock mount and post it here? I'd like to see how they handled the spacing issue.

Sorry 97 I wasn't able to reply to your request in time. But looks like you got it solved anyways!

I have mine set at 3 and it suits me fine on and offroad. They are definitely stiff!