NUTS AND BOLTS

Mknabb335

I have been putting on the AC 2 inch lift and am putting everything back together. My haynes manual I bought for the patthy says that the manufacturer calls for many of the bolts and nuts to be replaced. So I went to my local ACE hardware and did find much of anything. Adavanced Auto Parts said they didnt have anything but said they could mix and match peices to work, this would be ok I guess but I would rather have oem equipment. All I can think now is that I have to go down to the nissan dealer and get all my bolts and nuts from them. If anyone has some info, please help me out here. I have been working on my pathfinder for 4 months now and am really really ready to have it done and finally drive it. By the way what I need is Upper and Lower contol arm (bolts, nuts, and washers), Panhard bar (bolt and nuts), Shocks (bolts and nuts), Struts (upper mouting nuts, strut to knuckle nuts, piston nut).

Are you seriously telling me that you tore apart your Pathfinder to put a lift on, threw away all the stock bolts because you didn't think you'd need them, and now you can't put it back together because you can't find new bolts?

You gotta be kidding me.

Are you seriously telling me that you tore apart your Pathfinder to put a lift on, threw away all the stock bolts because you didn't think you'd need them, and now you can't put it back together because you can't find new bolts?

You gotta be kidding me.

Sounds like he's saying he's trying to go by the book and replace every bolt and nut cause they recommend it. I'd roll with what ya got man. Maybe replace some of the higher stressed bolts if you can find them, who knows, but I think you should be good.

yeah, you should be able to find any thingy you need from a hardware store that worth half a s***. Main thing that MIGHT be throwing you off is finding the correct strength rating... just remember, you can always go to a stronger bolt (and why not anyway?!?) just don't go weaker. Not sure if they have them in your area (or here in WA now that I think about it) but down south CarQuest was the shizznit for bolts and fasteners. always had something that would work and usualy as long as you wern't rebuilding the Titanic they would just give them to you for free.

88pathoffroad: No i didnt throw away anything, it is all bagged, separated and numbered. Some of the bolts broke, stripped or had to be grinded off and i figured I would go with all new stuff since I needed a few new ones anyway. What Mr. Pickles suggested was my plan, to go by what my manual called for. But now from the input I have gotten I will make do with what Ace had availible. Thanks for the info guys, has helped me quite a bit. :aok:

Not sure if they have them in your area (or here in WA now that I think about it) but down south CarQuest was the shizznit for bolts and fasteners. always had something that would work and usualy as long as you wern't rebuilding the Titanic they would just give them to you for free.

We have CarQuest stores scattered around here too. You can use their Store Locator To find them. :aok: