Fuel Light Just came on.

Dowser

Hey all.

Trying to figure out my Gas Mileage on my 91-XE. Now... According to what I've read the standard Fuel tank hold a WHOPPING 79.9L or for you Americans 21.10 Gallons. Now Today I drove my Pathy 481 km's and the Fuel light came on. So I stop at the Gas Station and Filler Up. Turns out I pour in 67L So that leaves like 12.9L of Gas in my Baby... or so I'm kind of Guessing. That being said, Does anyone know exactly how many litres/gallons your left with when the light finally comes on and STAYs on?

Dowser :shrug:

I dont know where you got your capacities from but my owners manual says that my 95 XE holds 24 gallons. When my fuel light comes on, that tells me that I need to seriously think about refueling. I dont worry about how much further I can go I just go...to the gas station that is.

Amen to the Gas Light and the nearest station.

My 88's gas gauge stopped working aound 180k miles, between that and when I parked it around 238k, i only ran out of gas once, and it was a short walk to the station :furious:

My 95SE does not have a gas light :blink:

My 02 has a 80 l tank, The light came on, I drove it for a few days then put in 67 l. Based on the mileage I have been getting, I think I should get about 120-140 km after the light comes on.

This probably does not help you but your post made me go back and look at my records and try to figure it out. Unfortunately I did not note the km reading when the light did go on.

No idiot light, just a gauge. While I have run it down to the E line I have never been able to put in more than 17 gallons. which must mean there is 2-3 gallons left. I never plan to test that thoery, but it might make a difference some day... :shrug:

B

I thought I was the only one who had that problem. The most gas I was able to put in the tank was around 17 gallons. I thought that there might be some bad stuff at the bottom of the tank.

So 3-4 Gallons when the light pops on eh? And according to the 1991 Sale sticker you get about 15 miles to the gallon in the city, 18 on the highway. Since I obviously dont drive in Gallons here in Canada whats the Conversion to Litres... 4.4? I of course know Miles to Km's is 1.6 can't fopr the life of me remember litre's to Gallons and vice vs. :crazy: By the Way, those figures about the tank info are from a Auto Shops Online "Mitchlins On Demand" Vehicle information On Fuel Capacities. I'm assuming it's right cause they charge a fortune to buy that program. At any rate, Still trying to figure out what the Conversion is since gas Jumped to $1.19 a litre today. :oops: yikes. That's over $80 bucks from dry to full tank on a little Pathy.... Sigh. Oh when will they come up with a Hydrogen conversion kit! B)

Dowser

So 3-4 Gallons when the light pops on eh? And according to the 1991 Sale sticker you get about 15 miles to the gallon in the city, 18 on the highway. Since I obviously dont drive in Gallons here in Canada whats the Conversion to Litres... 4.4? I of course know Miles to Km's is 1.6 can't fopr the life of me remember litre's to Gallons and vice vs. :crazy: By the Way, those figures about the tank info are from a Auto Shops Online "Mitchlins On Demand" Vehicle information On Fuel Capacities. I'm assuming it's right cause they charge a fortune to buy that program. At any rate, Still trying to figure out what the Conversion is since gas Jumped to $1.19 a litre today. :oops: yikes. That's over $80 bucks from dry to full tank on a little Pathy.... Sigh. Oh when will they come up with a Hydrogen conversion kit! B)

Dowser

other commonwealth countires do have the NG addons.. look into it.. there was a thread all about it a while back somewhere here..

I've also guestimated about 4 gallons left with the light on. I've never pushed it to complete empty, as 4 gallons at 18 mpg means I'm a moron if I've put myself where I can't reach a gas station at that point. Usually, if the needle approaches 1/4, if that, I'm heading for the pump. No filter or pump issues for me please, leave the crud in the tank.

Conversion to Litres... 4.4?

1 gallon (UK)=4.55 litres

1 gallon (US)=3.79 litres

1 Litre=.264 gallons (US)

LOL wheel366, that would be a LOT of crap in the tank !! You'd be clogging the fuel system every tank.

Yeah Mr P, I generally fill up when I drop below 1/4 tank myself. When I first bought the truck, I ran it down to E several times (from 1/2 tank) then replaced the inline fuel filter... ;)

B

I agree that it is in the neighborhood of 2-3 gallons...my wifes altima gets to that light and i did push it on the interstate once and when i got to the point that hard acceleration made for a small stall, i went and got gas. it was about 2.?? gallson that that light had indicated. Tha pathy--well i like to push a little but with that 15-16 mpg city, i can't risk leaving her on the road!!!

Great conversion site!!