It's good to be home

Vsicks Pathy

Just got back from visiting my mum. She lives up North at a place called Sawtell.

sawtellbeach8dg.th.jpg

This beach is a 3 minute walk from mums place.

poorbugger7qx.th.jpg

This poor guy was washed up one morning.

bluetounge7cx.th.jpg

And this fella lives under my mums front steps.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

So the critter under the porch.. What’s it called? The pic name is "Blue Tounge "is that what it is? Did not look like a few of the ones I found.

Is it a problem being there? Meaning is planned to have it removed?

That's a great looking beach, yup on my list of places the visit someday :aok:

Yep thats a blue tongue lizard. No worries about it being under your porch cos they aint aggressive. Then again if you pick one up the wrong way and they latch onto you they tend to have a good bite and they don't let go. :o

Hey v6 you do any wheelin up there or is that still out of the question?

No 4wding. Mum is a little crook so I flew up, that and the back still is not right. My brother has a GQ and knows alot of places around Coffs.

Yeah, a blue tounge lizard. I think you can guess why it got its name. I nearly caught a copper head (venomous snake) but could not bend down quick enough to get it. :( Only just missed it. It would have been a nice picture.

I have not forgotten your pics either exodus :aok: I will send to you this week.

I should also have a price on those Indonesian tail lights this week too. If the price is right the next pic you guys see of my pathy will be with them installed. My fingers are crossed.

Thats no good on both counts v6. Hope your mum and your back get better ASAP.

Yeah cheers on that one. :)

You must be getting old and slow v6 ;):D

Old yes :( Slow, well the back aint what it used to be, so yes to that too. :(:( :sniff:

I nearly caught a copper head (venomous snake) but could not bend down quick enough to get it. :( Only just missed it. It would have been a nice picture.

Man, i wouldn't be playin with copper heads. we have a ton around my house and they are not very fun, lol.

Welcome back V6 !! That looks like a beautiful area. I like the critters also, although the dead ones arent nearly as much fun... :P

What are you fooling around with copperheads for ? Best just to leave them and the other 64 poisonous ones alone is my motto...

B

hey nice pics, i like the beach one,,, how high up are you?

didnt think you guys had copperheads in oz,,,, what other poisoness creatures are there? i used to get in trouble some, for playing/ chasing down crittes in the army, like out in the feild,,, those cow ants, snakes, spiders, except the brown lacruse.... they are a bit nasty,,,, you knw what they are right,, or what they can do...? :oops:

on kid lost a few fingers and part of his hand, he got bit by one, and didnt know until the end of the weekend, and went to sick call monday morn, he had to go to surgary immediatly! that sux... he was in my unit, not sure what happened to him. blaa blaa blaa,, hope mum is ok dude,

peace. :beer:

I thought copper heads were fairly tame. We have alot of things far more dangerous than that. I would not attempt to pick up a funnel web spider for example. Yes, Australia is home to the most poisonous creatures in the world. Google and shock yourselves. :D

I am about 20 foot up in the pic of the beach. I have others. If anyone wants to see some more just let me know an I will post up. That part of the Aussie coast truely is beautiful. Shame my mum hates the beach. Of all the years she has been there (aprox 22 years) she has only seen the beach a handfull of times.

This beach is a 3 minute walk from mums place.

Shame my mum hates the beach. Of all the years she has been there (aprox 22 years) she has only seen the beach a handfull of times.

Ok, now that confuses the hell out of me... Why hate the beach ? Ok, she does. Why live 3 minutes away ? I'm lost !

Yes, Australia is home to the most poisonous creatures in the world.

Yes, I was a biology major... I KNOW you have largest collection of truely nasty critters there !! I read an article about a drunk guy who grabbed a brown snake (?) thinking it would be funny... He did live, but lost both legs, 1 arm and is seriously fubared internally. Idiot !

Yeah, if you have some other picts of the peach, post a few more. Believe it or not, I have been touch with the Aussie immigration service, looking into perhaps relocating down under...

B

Ok, now that confuses the hell out of me... Why hate the beach ? Ok, she does. Why live 3 minutes away ? I'm lost !

Yes, I was a biology major... I KNOW you have largest collection of truely nasty critters there !! I read an article about a drunk guy who grabbed a brown snake (?) thinking it would be funny... He did live, but lost both legs, 1 arm and is seriously fubared internally. Idiot !

Yeah, if you have some other picts of the peach, post a few more. Believe it or not, I have been touch with the Aussie immigration service, looking into perhaps relocating down under...

B

Down under? Your looking at coming down to live. Come to Victoria and we can 4wd together. :beer:

All of these pictures are basicly taken from the same location, a large headland/lookout.

lookings5tq.th.jpg

This is taken from the North end of the beach looking South along Sawtell beach.

wave9pu.th.jpg

If you look at the first pic you will notice a rocky area about half way along the beach. This pic was taken from that spot.

lookingn4wc.th.jpg

Same lookout but looking North along Boambee beach toward the main town of Coffs Harbour. You can't see the town.

eagle9tr.th.jpg

This fella is meant to be a Wedge tail eagle but looks more like an American Bald eagle. I have never seen a Wedge tail with a white head before? Again this pic is from the same lookout. Looking East.

surfer4wz.th.jpg

Further around looking North.

railbridge7yp.th.jpg

This rail bridge crosses Boambee creek and incorperates a foot bridge. The creek seperates Sawtell and Boambee beaches, if you discount the headland that is. It looks better at high tide but I haven't got a pic.

railfootbridge5rp.th.jpg

This is the foot bridge.

picfrombridge4op.th.jpg

This pic is taken from the foot bridge. To the right is the headland/lookout where most of these pics came from. There is a path (quite dangerous too I might add) rigth the way around. The path is where I nearly caught the snake.

Nice shots - I'd love to vacation over there... one day. When I win the lottery right? *sigh*

Yeah, I was saying this morning that it's a damn shame that all the nice warm places to live have - have the hugeass bugs, and poisonous critters... no thanks. Worst thing we have here is mosquitoes with West Nile.

Nice Photos.....Man I want to go!!!!

Hey Pezzy, Nice and warm here in SoCal with a small amount of scary creatures....A few rattlers, tarantula (in my pool), and a lot of black widow and brown recluse spiders....but my dog keeps them all at bay...

Ican't figure out how to attach multiple pictures to one post so here are three

steve when are we gonna go wheeln together..... thats what i wanna know....

:D:D:D:D

just get that back fixed up mate....

:D:D

Where have you been young man?

As soon as the back mends I will be out and about and we will have to hook up. How was your trip into the Otways or Grampians? (I can't remember which LOL)