kinda new here

lovebunny

hey just thought id introduce myself in here. i drive a 96 le. im planning on throwing some 31s and lifting it 2 inches and checking out some local trails. heres some pics

f51d8d87.jpg

dc83cc0d.jpg

d6c77b56.jpg

by the way if anyone knows of where i can get replacement trim let me know. i hate the plood

Welcome. You have an LE, but it didn't come with heated seats? :confused:

You should get new wheels if you plan to fit 31's. The stock LE wheels are a bit narrow for 31" tires. You should also be aware that you will notice a big performance hit (and MPG decrease) with the larger tires on your LE. 31's are about 10% larger than the stock tires.

If you don't like the fake wood, you can contact some junkyards to see if they've got some unbroken interior pieces.

You could also try ebay for replacements (even carbon-fiber!), or simply remove the trim pieces, sand 'em, and paint 'em yourself.

Lastly, if you start to get serious with off-roading, consider getting rock sliders to replace the side steps. The factory LE side steps are very weak. If you can't afford sliders yet, at least remove the step rails so they don't bend up into the rocker panels. They significantly reduce clearance.

Edited by XPLORx4

Nice truck. I have always liked that color green. I agree with XPLORx4, if you get new tires you might as well get new wheels. I wish I did, actually I wish I got 31's when I got new tires. Oh well, next time I guess. I would also recommend getting new struts and shock if you are doing a lift. It's a little more $$$ but worth it and you will only have to do the job once. Good luck and make sure to post updates.

by the way if anyone knows of where i can get replacement trim let me know. i hate the plood

Mmmm...We can change the interior trim. I can give you mines, the complete 5 parts. 4 doors side and the central part.

I love the original fake wood. :D

Here's a pictures of mines.

post-7-1125202903.jpg

yeah i got new wheels sitting in my back yard right now. what size 31s can i fit on the stock suspension with a little trimming? oh and i know a guy who seems to know plenty about pathys and is helping me with all the mods. i allready know bout the runners and my bud is making me up a set for free. ova if your serious im down for that.yes i did intoduce my bike first. meet white lightning.

002_22.jpg

shes fast

00nub14.jpg

handles good too

00east9.jpg

but unfortunatly im gonna have to giver up for sponsorship reasons soon for this puppy.(prototype)

August2005DownhillBIke.jpg