One Pathy's Value?

RedPath88

Ok earlier today I was contacted about a Pathfinder that just last Monday the Auto tranny was blown in it.

87-89 XEV6 210-230K miles.

Engine seems to run good, but the idle is a bit high. (This is my main interest).

Body is in decent shape, with some rust under the paint at a couple edges... like the back of the driver’s door.

Interior (cloth) as far as I have seen, also in decent shape. I noticed no rips or major stains.

I noticed to bad spots on the frame, but never looked real hard either. Suspension and drive (other than AT) components seem good. rear tire carrier, and I think sun roof.

afaik everything works

I know this is a bit of a limited description but it's all I really know about it right now. I have seen it on a couple occasions but have never really given it a good looking at.

What I need to know is what, based on the limited description, would you say its worth?

Thanks,

Scott

Crap, just got a call saying that it may be used as a trade in. But I need opinions anyway... just in case.

Edited by RedPath88

You may want to find out what they are getting for a trade in value??

I picked up the wifey's subaru for $100 more than what they were getting for trade in value. 2 hours and $200 for new CV joints and a case of Beer for the brother-in-law it runs great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you plan to put that motor in your pathy or your AT in that one... ? Then strip, save, bebuild, sell what ever is reasonable from the other one ??

Definitely under $1000 !! He won't get crap for it as a trade in with a blown AT. Depending on how you do it, with some work, you could wind up making a decent profit on the whole deal. Plenty of parts to sell, and you know how many people here need some. :aok:

Plenty of duct tape !! ;)

B

Ok that's about what I was thinking.. I figured $400 - $800.

Yeah taking a good look at the frame (and everything else) would happen before I committed the to deal

They say, the trade in is for $1000. If so, then the lot can have it!

And the intent would be too take the engine out and put it in mine. Then strip the rest for spares and of course, to sell off - to help my fellow Pathy owners :aok:

BTW, mines a 5spd ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the duct tape B... going to have to go by a few extra rolls... one I don't think would be enough sly

thats alot of miles...

yep I know

...and make sure it doesnt have a homemade snorkel :D

No, no home made snorlke... though i would not care even if it did.

...but based on your sig it sounds good

What? :confused:

BTW, mines a 5spd

Oops, sorry... I should have known you were bright enough to own a MT... :hide:

They say, the trade in is for $1000. If so, then the lot can have it!

Damn straight !! Thats a joke ! Can't be worth more than 3K in your local (everything working fine) with those miles. I payed $5700 for a 95XE (95% and no real rust) with 108K here !

I think they are willing to take a loss on it to get the guy to buy a new something... Hope you can get it; offer $750. I'm sure you can sell parts for more than that, especially if it has a roof rack, tire carrier, trailer hitch, etc. (I want some)

I can still get the good 3M duct tape at employee sales (used to work there) for a major discount. I can send you a few rolls... :shrug:

B

I have to wonder if it is just an attempt to make me offer more than 1K for it. :shrug:

Meet me there, I'll bring the money to reimburse you for the DT.

Edited by RedPath88

You should also inform your friend that MOST car dealers will accept anything that rolls as a $1000 trade in then they tack the cost onto the end price of the new car... They always come out smelling like a rose. ;)

Talk him into selling it to you for $500, then buying a junker off someone for $100-200 and using that as the trade in.

My pathy that I just bought this week was sold 1 year ago to some poor sap for $9500 from Bill Heard Chevy then repoed, bought at a bank auction from a used car dealer, then sold to me for $3495 with only 71,140 miles on it. I almost feel like calling the previous owner to say thanks. :cool2:

Good points and something I have considered.. but (the "but" is below) ;)

your friend
It's actually my ex who I have been talking to about it. Which in itself is bad enough. :o But (there it is again lol) it's not even her truck. It's her new husbands, who for whatever reason tells her to call me and has as of yet, not dealt directly with me about it.

I could speculate, but really I probably don't have too :D

LOL Red, the plot thickens... Well, at this point I'll refrain from giving advice or making comments as thats just too muddy of water to swim in... :shrug:

Good luck and hope it works out best for YOU. :aok:

B

This is also now on hold. The truck is not going to be used as a trade in and is now sitting while he "decides" what to do with it.

I have an idea.. Sell it to me!!!

I think he just has not come to terms with selling it too his wife’s ex boyfriend :shrug:

BTW he can keep her, I just want the truck :lol:

Edited by RedPath88

LMAO Red ! Sounds like you have your priorities straight... ;) Reminds me of an old joke...

Man tells his buddy "I got a gun for my wife"

Buddy says "Was that smart ?"

Man says "Yep, best trade I ever made !!"

:D:takebow:

B