2wd

Guest Silver98Pathfinder

Guest Silver98Pathfinder

Hi guys, i'm Mike, I'm new here, live out here in Texas,

Just bought a 98 pathfinder, unfortunatley its a 2wd.

Any of you own a 2wd? I know it might seem like a stupid question since this is an off-roading association club or what not, but i was just curious. If any of you own one, can you give me some tips on how to modify it, and make it off -road accesible. Do i have to give it a lift? what kind of tires do you recommend? Or do i actually have to convert it to a 4wd, if thats even possible, if it is how's it done.. As you can tell i'm new here, and probably dont know much.. But i am learning alot reading the forums.. i will appreciate any advice.. thanks.

and ohh yeah by the way awesome site!!!

Welcome Mike... this is a good place to get your questions answered. :aok:

There are some people here with 2WD Pathy's and mods can be done to them. Since I am not up on what all can be done to that model Path, :shrug: I’ll hand it off the those who do B)

Welcome to the board - this is a good place to learn about your truck...

There are a couple current threads about converting 2wd to 4wd... have a quick look and you should find them... (although they are in reference to the older pathy - but I am sure a lot of general info applies - basicly - it's a lot of work, and if you REALLY wanted 4wd, you might be better just getting a 4wd) That said, there are a couple guys here who wheel with 2wd - mudfinder being one of them, he should be able to give you some info...

Have a look in the section for your year pathy - there is plenty of threads about tire sizes & types, and info on lifts... B)

Seems like converting a 98 to 4 wheel drive might be very difficult since it is unibody. Anyways welcome to the forums! WAVEY

Put some extremely aggresive tread tires on there (think Super Swampers or Swamper Boggers) and you should be able to hang out off road with us four wheelers! TrailChaser is a member of Texas Nissan Trucks, talk to him to get in contact with a local four wheel group.

Trailchaser's member profile