what tto do re. body shop and 2005 pathfinder

Guest fyxtion

Guest fyxtion

I hate to start my first post this way, but...

My 2005 Pathfinder was bought at the end of Feb. My wife got in an accident in the middle of May (she was hit - no injuries) The car has about $4000 in front end damage. The car is still in the Nissan dealer body shop (3 months today!).

Is there anything I can do/say to get the car back? (there is always an excuse why it is delayed - parts on backorder, paint problems, body shop is short staffed, etc.)

This is our third Nissan in 7 years.

cliff notes: 2005 Pathfinder was in an accident 2 1/2 after it was bought - 3 months later, the "special" dealer body shop still has it - what to do?

Brion

Contact the insurance company handling the claim. I'm sure they are just milking it for all its worth...ie labor...have the insurance company fight for you since its their money that they'll be saving besides your time.

Guest fyxtion

Unfortunately the other women’s (the one who caused the accident) company is handling all payments (Progressive :angry: )

I have contacted Progressive on numerous occasion's (even in person one time) they seem to not care. :confused:

I do talk to Earnhardt's body shop almost ever other day - for the past month and a half (would never, ever recommend them). They just "lie" to me, saying the car "is just being put back together, it'll be ready in a few days"

Well, maybe this week. :wacko:

Brion

I would call your insurance adjuster (YOUR company) and have them contact Progressive and the body shop.

I had a bit of trouble from Progressive in the past, called my insurance agent and had it all straighted out in a matter of an hour. Progressive SUCKS!

The reason Progressive doesn't seem to care is becuase YOU are not THEIR customer, so they have this mindset that since you're not their client, they can blow you off. Don't stand for it. Call you insurance agent, tell them what happened (ask them to make sure that this will not affect your record or rates before doing anything) and explain to them the situation with Progressive and have your insurance agent contact them directly, as well as the body shop.

If your insurance company is not willing to do this, either contact a lawyer, or have a friend who is a lawyer contact them.

3 months is UNACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARDS! I don't care how much damage was caused to the vehicle, 3 months is WAY TOO LONG for a vehicle to be in a body shop. If the vehicle is going to take 3 months to repair, it should be declared a total loss.

When I was having my problems with Dorschel and Progressive, I called the body shop to find out WTF was going on, I was irritated, to say the least. The guy on the phone pissed me off, so I told him I would be contacting my attorney and he would be calling you and I would file a report with the NYS Attorney General, which I did. However, I did not actually call my attorney. I called the shop back about 40 minutes later as my attorney (didn't say any names, so there's nothing wrong with it). I was put directly through to the general manager of the body shop...I think the words Lawsuit, Insurance Fraud and Criminal Charges struck his attention. 3 DAYS later, I had my truck back, in TIP TOP condition....they even shampooed the interior and steam cleaned the engine for me. :aok:

A couple of other avenues in addition to your insurance company:

Better Business Bureau;

State/Federal consumer protection agency (not sure what is available in the US);

Nissan USA if it is being handled/coordinated through a Nissan dealer.

Good luck!

Guest fyxtion

I have already contacted the Geral Manager and Body Shop Manager. The GM didn't return my phone call, and the Body Shop Manager gave me the feeling that he just didn't care. I will call the BBB as well as Nissan.

"3 months is UNACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARDS! I don't care how much damage was caused to the vehicle, 3 months is WAY TOO LONG for a vehicle to be in a body shop. If the vehicle is going to take 3 months to repair, it should be declared a total loss. " I 100% agree with you vengeful

I'll keep everyone updated