Those silly Germans !

Precise1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I agree Mr P (as I await the calmini SAS kit) but try selling the Pathy for $10k and see how far you get. Not that I, you or anyone sane would want to do that, but you get my point... We just poor trash... Well, I am anyway.

B

Well of course. At this point if I somehow killed the Pathy, it would probably be worth it to strip her and buy another as a new home for the parts. Besides, I have some German blood in me (Euro mutt here), so the thread comes full circle. Um, sorta.

LMAO Mr P. Ok it is a closed loop... :D That mean if I make skidplates I can say 'german design' ? I have no idea where I'm really going with this and laughing too hard to figure it out... :D

:beer:

B

wow that sads 700 hp and 6500 pounds

Typical Mercedes. I do not know if their cars have gone on a diet or if there are more speed rated tires but a couple of years ago tires were the limiting factor in how fast their cars could go.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good find MZ !! How silly of them to make a car that gets 1.5L/100km !! For less than $10k euros !! The only downer is the 0-60mph in 20 seconds. I'd want one, but you'd get mowed down by an Expedition trying to get on the freeway around here...

Personally, I want the perfect recovery vehicle... Kinda a long link but look down to the Bergepanzer 3 'Bueffel' ARV... :D

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/leo2.htm

B

LOL MZ, all in the timing... I'm climbing out of the hole regardless. ;)

Yeah, that Pionierpanzer3 is a crazy machine but I figured for actual travel and recovery the Bergepanzer 3 was the machine... 33 ton crane, 38 ton/200 yard winch, and 68 ton towing capacity should recover anyone !

Stuck in a mud hole ? Skycrane (schlerp) the entire vehicle up and out !

Fell off a cliff ? Winch the damn thing back up the verticle face !

Every truck in the outing break down ? Gang tow them all home !

:D:D:D:P

B

And here is a look at the auctions sticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Da** only how many miles...this was the day that I sat in a new Ford GT40 (40?)...screw that fake brushed aluminum trim I wouldn't take that car from anyone for free

just more recycled F150 parts/ideas in there...I am sure that some one will tell me that the F150 got its ideas from the GT...w/e

post-25-1141881349.jpg

DAMN !!! But did the #'s match ? I don't think the gauge over the column is stock either... How long has it been drag raced ? Still, it is a beaut !!

B

You guys would know more about this one than me, but she did have all the appropriate wear scratches (like on that chrome around the window) to have been normally driven for those some 26K. The underside was mint so I couldn't tell if she was dragged or not I did not notice any stuck baked-on rubber under the trunk arear but any great detail shop would have got that off!!

check-it he must not have wanted any sticker on his window, nor anyone else driving it!! Sorry more pics if I wasn't so busy getting in so many hot cars I can own!! A couple NSX's, a Bently Continental, the GT40, and a Ferrari 540 to recall a few!

post-25-1141912170.jpg

Edited by 98silverpathy

• 1 year later...

Well, here is another example of pure sillyness, insanity or sheer brilliance, depending on how you look at it. Essentially it's a german made AC Cobra replica with a 12.9liter V8, 1,100 HP and does 0-200km in 4.9 seconds. Lets see, thats 120+mph. Holy crap!!

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...obra-780cui.htm

B

post-819-1177353189.jpg

• 6 months later...
Boxing clever in Germany

By Steve Rosenberg

BBC News, Berlin

In Chess Boxing you have to either checkmate or knock out your rival

It is fight night in a smoky Berlin nightclub.

The lights go down, the stage door opens and out walks a pharmaceuticals salesman from San Francisco. David "Double D" Depto has travelled 5,000 miles (8,045km) in search of glory.

As he shuffles, then skips towards the ring, bare-chested and beating the air, this American muscle machine looks cool and confident. Seeing his opponent though, I would not be.

In the blue corner, solid as the Brandenburg Gate, stands a German riot policeman who goes by the name of "Anti-Terror Frank". And predictably the crowd is on his side.

A bell sounds. Seconds out - round one!

Rocky with rooks

But just when you would expect the punches to start flying, something rather odd happens.

Chess and boxing have lots of things in common - if you move the pawn, it's like moving your jab

Iepe Rubingh

Chess boxing inventor

The two challengers put on headphones, sit down at a table and start playing chess: in the middle of the boxing ring.

That is because this is Chess Boxing. A sort of Rocky... with rooks.

The rules are simple. There is one round of chess - and then one round of boxing. Punching power alternating with brainpower.

If you are wondering how they can move the pieces with their boxing gloves on, well, they take them off before the rounds of chess!

All in all, you have 11 rounds in which to either checkmate your opponent - or knock them out.

'Double pain'

Berlin is hosting the first ever chess boxing world championship. It has been organised by the man who invented the sport - Dutch artist Iepe Rubingh.

David "Double D" Depto says the sport proves fighters are also brainy

"Chess and boxing have lots of things in common," Mr Rubingh assures me.

"If you move the pawn, it's like moving your jab. If you come with the knight, it's like a hook. If you come with the rook, it's a straight right. And if you march in with the queen, it's a knockout," he says.

Two sports in one means double the pain - and double the pressure.

In the run-up to the big fight, Anti-Terror Frank spent hours at his local Berlin gym to tone his mind - as well as his muscles.

"In Chess Boxing, 90% is in the head. Before you lose a fight, you give it up in your mind. So it's very important to have the physical, but also the mind strength to do this sport," Frank says.

Growing sport

But why do it in the first place? Why put yourself through all this physical and mental torture?

Chess Boxing is now being taught in one Berlin school

For David "Double D" Depto, it is all about proving that you can be a boxer - and still have a brain.

"Everybody has an impression of boxers that they, maybe, aren't too bright and there's not a lot of intellect involved," complains David.

"But when you combine chess and boxing, it brings the fact that you can be a fighter and still be a very intelligent person. It's going to show people that fighters can be smart people, or that smart people can be tough."

The sport has taken off in Germany. It is even being taught in a Berlin school, where they are busy preparing the next generation of chess boxing champions.

"My mum said I should learn boxing for self-defence," 10-year-old Aleg says. "I just love the way you can combine that now with chess."

Back in the ring, it is round seven and the players are locked in battle around the chessboard, sweat pouring onto their pawns.

Suddenly "Anti-Terror Frank" spots an opening and moves in for the kill. Queen to G7... checkmate!

The crowd erupts - the local hero has won and is awarded the world title belt. Which goes to show that when it comes to mixing brains and brawn, Germany really is the Grand Master.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7084494.stm