o2 sensor pricing

dfather99

i'm putting in a whole new exhaust systerms (headers to tip) and i was looking for an o2 sensor and it seems they are all upwards or $99. (bosch) i was wondering if that was correct of if there is another model i should look under with the same kind of o2 sensor. also i was wondering if the pathfinder only took one o2 sensor

thanks :beer: well i just found one for $80 the cheapest so far and ebay has nothing.

hey guys thanks alot i can always go for saving some bucks and plus ngk is a darn good brand and at the price they are a really good buy thanks alot again :beer::clap:

Edited by dfather99

• 2 weeks later...

so i found a good place to get an o2 sensor. but i just wanted to know where it is to replace it and what tools i need i know it's an easy job and if i am correct i beleive it's the wires coming out of the engine by the oil filter however i am not sure so if some one can tell me where the darned things is and wwhat size tool i need that would be great thanks again

If you were to lay on the ground under your drivers door.. and then when you're under yer Pathy.. look UP.. you will see where the O2 sensor plugs into the exhaust tube. Follow the wire and it will trail over your tranny.. up the passenger side of your motor, up the fender well and it plugs in right onto the cluster of plug in wires on a "shared tree" that is screwed to the PS fender. It sits right between the battery and the firewall. You can't miss it. O2 sensor usually has black sleeve and 3 wires coming off it.

Size to get it out of the pipe? I THINK (guesstimating here) 14mm.... just a guess.. it's been a few months since I did mine. Just take a few wrenches down there with ya and try them. it's easy to do.. easier if you have help so one person can feed the wire from up top while the other person is underneath. That way you can make sure you get it fitted safely with no snags. :aok:

Make sure you don't force teh O2 sensor out of its house in the exhaust.. if you break something yer screwed.. well..maybe not in your case with a new exhaust system..but still...

Edited by Slick