Calendar...

vengeful

This idea literally JUST popped into my head, and it would be a LOT easier to execute than T-shirts.

I think we could produce and sell an NPORA Calendar featuring members and their trucks. Some in poser shots, some in hardcore action, y'know mix it up a bit. Gotta have some of each generation (WD21, R50, R51...). And then we can sell them to raise money for NPORA.

All we'd need for these is 12 high-resolution images of Pathfinders! (I nominate Pezzy's pic for July!) :X And then anyone can take the images down to their local Kinko's and have a whole bunch of calendars made up! Easy!

Heck, I'd even volunteer to front run it!

What do y'all think? I'd love to have an NPORA Calendar with one of my "buddies'" rigs hangin on my wall every month. :aok:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm thinking we've got to run the gamut from nicely maintained (in good condition) stock trucks, to the heavily modified SAS'd rigs.

If you wanna get in on the picture contest, email me a few high resolution (at least 1600x1200) images of your truck to findapath (at) gmail (dot) com. :aok:

Then I'll make a webpage where you can vote for your favorite 12, and the ones with the most votes get in the calendar. :aok:

Categorys we should prob have...

1) Stockish 2 door

2) Built 2 door (prob 88's ?)

3) Stockish WD21

4) Built WD21

5) Stockish R50

6) Built R50

7) Pezzy

8) Misc action/flex/cool photos

And personally, I think Mookie's truck :bow:

People should submit the photos indicating which category they want to be in...

Ones like k9sar (I think) standing in the engine compartment would be fun also.

If we have a lot of good photos, we can always put 2 per page; mix them up or have 'compairisons'

Probably should have a limit on # of photos submitted per person so it doesn't become impossible; 2,3,4 ?

What do you think, am I way off ?

B

I think mine should be in the calendar cuz I have the BIG NPORA stickers on it... hehehe.. and who else can drive up a wheelchair ramp n get away with it?

Are the woman going to be topless? :shrug:

That is left to be determined.

I can accept submissions at the email address in my profile (findapath (at) gmail (dot) com).

Limit of 3 pictures per person, you only get one submission, all subsequent submissions will be ignored, unless you beg, really really hard, with a cherry on top. :laugh:

NPORA Official members will have preference in the picture selection process.

Action photos will get more attention than driveway shots.

I like the idea of having one main picture per month, and then we can have other, smaller pictures along the bottom edge and on unfilled days in the calendar.

Main, monthly photos must be at least 1600x1200 resolution in fine quality to display properly. Smaller photos must be at least 800x600.

Please start submitting them ASAP, so we can get this rolling and have one on everyone's wall by November.

I'm thinking we ought to do a 16 month Calendar as opposed to a 12 month. November 2005 - February 2007.

OK, submission's are open, and will be accepted 25 hours a day 8 days a week, 39 days a month, until the cutoff date of Novembruary Eleventeenth. :lol:

Sounds good! Now I gotta go get some poser and action shots of the pathy. Hmm :idea: Anyone up for Hollister Hills (local OHV park, site of Four Wheelers Top Truck Challenge for all you non Cali folk) Saturday? :D

:idea: Oh oh oh! A shot of me and my pathy in the vineyards! Yeah that'd be awesome!

I'd better get snappin (good thing I'v got a 256 meg flash card!).