Just Bought $5,000 in parts!

transworldmoto

A great day in my house. I got a scholarship that I don't need in the amount of $5,000, so, naturally, i decided to keep the ever-faithful pathy and put the money into it!

Here's what I bought so far:

NEW engine

115 amp alternator

trim line electric fan

stainless steel brake lines

brake master cylinder and booster

TrailMaster 4" Suspension lift (w/ rs9000x shocks)

3 inch Body Lift

Optima Batteries (2)

new engine components: water pump, p/s pump, injectors, intake manifold, gear box, all that stuff

k&n filter

new belts, hoses, ignition parts

radiator

etc.

looking for headers, roof rack, an dana rear end

anything else i should be purchasing???

P...

Edited by transworldmoto

WOW Bud !!! Congrats !!! Is it too late to cam the motor, or do you have to pass smog ? Do you really need a dana rear ? How about front and rear lockers instead... What size tires and rims do you have; maybe go for some 8' rims with 33" tires ??? Regardless of how you do it, it'll be sweet !!! I dont need most of that stuff, and I'm still a bit jealous !! :D

B

congrats! if I wasnt using my excess scholarship money for rent I'd sure do the same thing. Going to be a nice set up when you are done.

lol this is gonna sound pretty stupid to most on this forum, but can someone explain an sas bumper to me? and a sans bumper? im still new to the offroading world, so every little bit of help i can get is GREATLY appreciated :unsure:

Hmm, I'm wondering if you have taken that out of context, but I'll go ahead and make a fool out of my self.

SAS stands for Solid Axle Swap for the front end so a SAS bumper would be one that fits after the mod ?

Sans is french I believe for 'without' so that would be a truck without a bumper ?

Ok guys, have a field day with that and educate us... :P

B

Ease up Bud. A favorite saying of mine that I made up "Ignorance can be cured, Stupidity is the crime...". Keep asking questions, and you will soon be a master ! Besides, you are assuming I right... :shrug:

B

I bet I could cut that list in half and instead go with.

New "bigger" tires and rims, and full size spare.

Lockers front and rear. <-- That's a must have for most hardcore offroaders, or at least in the rear.

A nice solid winch bumber

And of coarse a "good" winch <-- you get what you pay for, so don't skimp

Skipplates.

CHECK OUT THE L&P WEBSITE(proformance mods)... Throw some money at them..."Search for it. I'm too lazy to provide a link"

CHECK OUT THE BLACKPANTHER WEBSITE(skidplates)... Throw some money at them also... "dito"

Donate a little to your local OHV program for the sake of the trails you'll be riding. If you have an automatic you might want to put some $$$ into a new cooler, or just get it overhauled. P...

Don't forget the little things that matter. Like a "good" CB and antenna, and a good stereo system + an alarm.

Thanks everyone! My dad is the semi-conductor industry so he knows a lot of guys who own metal shops, so i think I can build my own roof rack using some pretty heavy duty material. Then i will get a hi-lift, shovel and all the goodies to clip onto the basket. I've also decided to get my old spare tire carrier out and use that to mount a gas and water can to (the old G.I. style). This project should be a lot of fun. Has anyone ever installed the Trailmaster 4" suspension kit before? Or put in a new Nissan v6? The more the help and the know-how the better! WAVEY

Sans is french I believe for 'without' so that would be a truck without a bumper ?

correctamundo...

I think I was the one who used that phrase in another thread... sorry for the confusion B)

an dana rear end

Unless you're planning on going with a D60, keep the H233b.

The H233b is actually stronger than the D44, and does not have as large of a pumpkin. The axleshafts have a higher spline count (which adds to strength), the R&P (Ring and Pinion gears) also have a higher tooth count than a standard D44.

If you were to get a D44, you would have to rebuild it anyways with higher spline axles, different gears to match your front end, and you'd be spending more than it would cost to regear and lock your H233b anyways.

My suggestions to you would be:

REBUILD existing engine (if it's not blow'd up) (nevermind, you already bought the new engine, d'oh!) -thnkboutit-

Transmission overhaul

transmission cooler (if auto)

complete fluid change all around

upgraded alternator

SL

BL

L&P Steering solution

BlackPanther skidplates

OX Rear Locker

33x12.50x15 Mud-terrain tires on 15x8" wheels.

fix any body damage

fix any rust

rear tire carrier

roof rack

stereo

alarm

And that should be about your 5k right there.

Edited by vengeful

I think the cheapest I have heard someone pay for them was about $350 and depending on shipping,etc that doesn't seem too far off. It's kinda 'you get what you pay for' scenario..

B

i don't think you were looking hard enough... plug these part numbers in the top search box, i think they're the right ones:

DTE-464-2C - ceramic - $441

DTE-464-2 - nickel - $330

remember summit has flat rate $9 shipping too ;) the nickel plated ones are out of stock though =(

my list would be:

camlmini lift

body lift

calmini steering setup

33" mickey's............

:D

do that stuff first then worry about the other stuff :D:D

wo! stat - post central......... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by sw

:) Cool, I found a local dealer who has them for 329.95 including delivery (since he's close). As for the other stuff, it should be coming in soon so i can start piecing it all together. I feel like a kid in a candy store with this one! thanks everyone for all your help! keep feedin me suggestions if you will, as i am still new to this but would really like to get into it x-core or whatever haha :takebow: