Cargo baskets

94 Pathy

:furious:

Grim! What is the H3LL? $100.00 on clearance? They just got them out! Where are you from and what target? I'll have to keep my eyes open. I would snag one or even two for that price and turn a profit on the second one. Do you have it on yet? If so, how about a pic of the finished product?

They had 2 of them, but I was bad and had to charge the one I did get. I'm in Ohio.

I'm repainting my rack on the 88 (I hate chrome) before I install it. I'll defineatly post a pic or 2 when I do mount it up :aok: It's a lot nicer than a lot of ones I have seen for around $200, I will say that. The bar mounts are all twist knobs, no wrench needed, same with the farring for it (so very easilly a quick removal Kris). It's got a little slant on the front and rear of it too which was something I was planning to do when I was going to hand build one.

Thanks Grim! So, did your Target have them out for a while or what? Mine just put them out and they were still $200 as of yesturday. I'm going to have to make daily trips there to see if they clearance them. Can't wait for the pic's!

I might have been to Target twice in my life, the only reason I went was to browse for the rack and bought one since it was so cheap. So, I have no clue as to how long they were on the shelves there. :shrug:

• 1 month later...

Hey GrimGreg,

Have you found any attachments for that Coleman basket yet? Some kind of mounts for hi-lift jacks and tires and things? Just curious. I'm still thinking about getting one, but thinking about mounting things. I haven't found any type of mount kits yet....Keep me posted!

Thanks! :beer:

some of the knobs dont work that well, some go on like a breeze, and some fight you every turn...

Hey Pezzy, if it is the same brackets give you trouble, chase the tapped holes and wire wheel the knob threads. If its different ones each time, mount all of them barely snug first, then tighten them all down... ;)

B

What we did this year is attach the rack to the new Thule bars, so now when we want it off we'll take the rack & bars off all @ once!

Hey GrimGreg,

Have you found any attachments for that Coleman basket yet? Some kind of mounts for hi-lift jacks and tires and things? Just curious. I'm still thinking about getting one, but thinking about mounting things. I haven't found any type of mount kits yet....Keep me posted!

Thanks! :beer:

Any standard kit for adding a Hi-Lift or spare to the rack should work.

hey all, i got my surco rack in just recently, and i have to say, it's a bit flimsy. i couldn't figure out how to mate it with my factory rack, so i turned the mounting bars to run along the basket the long way, and it fits now, but it's o high off the roof! and the bar in the middle is weak, so im gonna try and find something to support it with, like a bar or something. Lextronics, can you pos a pick of how you mounted yours? maybe if i mount it your way it will be stronger? if you would, take some shots of the mounting points to te factory rack? i'd preciate it! WAVEY