Little change to the front end coming soon

patzx300

I think this thread is more of a wish list for things we can't get in the US (well, Pat might be able to, but the rest of us can't) :shrug:

If they are making the lights for indo then I can get them. I have mates going there every few months (Bali). Those light look pretty good to me and I gots ta have'm.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Generally, HID conversions are OK to do when using European headlight assemblies, if the HID element is designed correctly.

They are a bad idea on US (and possibly Canadian?) models as the US DOT standards require a certain small percentage of the light be projected upward in order to illuminate road signs. Plug in an HID element and you WILL blind oncoming traffic.

European standards generally require a hard cutoff with NO percentage of light projected upward - as that will blind oncoming traffic.

I have a set of European spec Hella H4 headlights on another vehicle. When driving on a freeway at night, road signs are almost impossible to see when the low beams are on. This kind of headlight can safely be converted to HID if you use an HID element designed to be used in a headlight originally designed for H4.

So that's the simple test - if road signs reflect back brightly, do NOT convert. If almost impossible to see, OK to convert.

i'm really digging those tail lights... not so much the ricerness of them, just that nobody else has em. What are you looking at for the cost for a set?

that grill looks very nice aswell. have any helpfull info for tracking some of that stuff down?

$250 for the front end? what does that include (grille, brumper corner lights etc). but that terrano looks hot, with the two tone and the rocker panel covers. i'd love to trick mine out like that. by the way if your goin for the euro look they have the euro rearveiw mirrors, the third one that mounts on the hood for blind spots, on ebay.

The front looks good too. Whats more is that it is an all wheel drive.

http://www.autoindex.org/model.plt?no=4437&ass=#

This is the URL for the spare parts dealer in Bali. If you can understand Indonesian then fill in the form and get a price on those must have tail lights. I tried to work it out. BUT?

http://www.nissan.co.id/owning/contact/default.asp?rn=7

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

Okay, there seems to be some misunderstanding here, I am working on 3 separate things,

1) The European front end which is turning out to be a nightmare.

2)Terrano rear lights and badging. Those I hope to have a price for this week. The front end would be a lot.

3) I will be getting the european headlights for a WD21. They use an H-4 bulb and I will be getting an HID kit made to go in a headlight housing designed for an H-4 bulb so the HID filament has the proper placement to be identical to the placement of an H-4 bulb.

Okay, there seems to be some misunderstanding here, I am working on 3 separate things,

2)Terrano rear lights and badging. Those I hope to have a price for this week. The front end would be a lot.

3) I will be getting the european headlights for a WD21. They use an H-4 bulb and I will be getting an HID kit made to go in a headlight housing designed for an H-4 bulb so the HID filament has the proper placement to be identical to the placement of an H-4 bulb.

Just because the bulb fits doesn't mean the lens is designed for the light output.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bu...onversions.html

oh yes, thats when i waik up with a baseball bat and knockout there headlights out :P

i just said that for either side to take and run with it, i hate them things, and when you have them in your car it only goes like 10 feet in front, but its like a big circle around your car, you can see up into the trees above you car

Main intrest is the tail lights I think.

I spoke with my contact today. Yes he can get the tailights and should have a price by the end of the week. I also have the FAST parts software for everywhere but Japan and if anyone wants to get really crazy they offfered headlight washers for Pathfinders and wipers for hardbody headlights. I am going to get the washers.

Still waiting for a price!!!!!!!! :furious:

Chillax man...he's got a life, too. You can't expect someone half-way around the world to just drop everything and get you a price on something. :crazy:

Too late, he did.

P.S.

Take a chill pill!

I spoke with my contact today. Yes he can get the tailights and should have a price by the end of the week. I also have the FAST parts software for everywhere but Japan and if anyone wants to get really crazy they offfered headlight washers for Pathfinders and wipers for hardbody headlights. I am going to get the washers.

I'd like a price on the washers also, those could be handy.

norm_1_Terrano_2002_Philippines.jpg

This is a much better pic of the front grille. It took me a while to find another pic but I now know what countries this particular style grille was available on so I am having my contact at Nissan call Over to Indonesia or Malaysia.